Survey Question

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
I know this is a dumb survey question, but I couldnt think of anything else. So how many of you cattleman and maybe cattlewomen, which I have known a few to do this? Dip tobaccer? If so whats your choice brand. Obviously mine is Copenhagen.

Yeah I dip that blasted worm dirt too. Use a can a day and enjoy the heck out of it. Wish I could quit cause Florida's tax included puts it up to $5 a can these days.

Used to dip copenhagen, but quit last may. It's a hard habit to break, but like Muldoon, I am thankfull that I did.

Cope and Red Seal when prices went up. About 7 years. Been clean 2 years now. Figure I didn't want to orphan my wife and kids.

Scotty

From a man that knows you guys havn't quit till they bury you. You have just slowed down.

Scotty":1nlz6jgj said:
Figure I didn't want to orphan my wife and kids.

Unfortunatly my hubby isn't that thoughtful. He uses 1 can a day of the cope black. Used to be wintergreen Skoal. Going on 15 years of the shi.t near as I can tell. And it is not pretty if he ever runs out.

Now not saying I'm with out bad habit, but you asked about the snuff.

Sort of related.
As a youngster, if you snorted it up your nose it was snuff, if you put it in your mouth it was either chew or the finer stuff was snoose.

dun

Sort of related.
As a youngster, if you snorted it up your nose it was snuff, if you put it in your mouth it was either chew or the finer stuff was snoose.

dun

ollie":2yzolqyv said:
From a man that knows you guys havn't quit till they bury you. You have just slowed down.

No, I quit. About 10 or so years ago I was visiting a buddy that was in
MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, while I was there, saw a guy that had mouth cancer. It wasn't a pretty site. Threw my can in the nearest trash can and haven't touched the stuff since. My family is way more important.

I was at the dentist, and the dentist wanted to do a biopsy , because there was a white spot on my lip where I allways kept my dip.
He didn't tell me to quit , he just asked me to try putting it some where else , like the other side of my mouth.
I tried that for a couple of times, then I decided, why not quit? I'd allready quit smoking.

I went back a couple of months later for them to scrape the tissue , and they couldn't tell what side , i'd been dipping on . the white patch went away.

I figure if I can make it to 100 , then I'll restart all of my bad habits 8) ;-) :cboy:

skoal wintergreen for 20 years. Quit for a year so I could get my life insurance cheaper. Started back after the physical and the swabbing. Man, that dip was the best that I ever had!

Copenhagen long cut and coors longlecks since I started back when I was a freshmen in college at the bar 5 nights a week. :lol: I got a lot of reactions from the "Cowboys" about a girl that could handle anything they could :lol: oh, the good 'ole days!

I dip skoal for about 2.5 years, my grandmother dipped some snuff that came in a jar, we used as water glasses afterwards, anyway I thought try some of her snuff. That stuff kicked my but and made me sicker than a dog and i never dipped again

some of the cancers and stuff I've seen from it, there's no way I'll ever touch it... not worth it to me, same goes for smoking, just not something I see any need for in my life

I started dipping Copenhagen when I was 13. A can per day. Wish my dad had kicked my ass for starting it. He chews and started when he was 10, so he said he'd have been a hypocrite for not letting me try it. Got sick on a dip a week or so ago, after dipping for over 20 years. Smelled just like ammonia. Threw that can away and started chewing King B twist, not too sweet like most chewing tobacco. Don't take much of that stuff to do you a while either, it's pretty potent. I tried the Red Seal stuff too. That stuff is grown overseas, probably has DDT in it.

Brad

ollie":idc5sxo2 said:

You are right about that. I quit for nearly a year one time, and never did lose the craving. My doctor said that a tobacco addiction is harder to break than a heroine addiction.

Brad

Latest posts