Sure hated seeing this

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
http://m.legacy.com/obituaries/newberns ... eview=True

Gabe Rygaard, who formerly starred on the reality TV show "Ax Men," died Friday, Sept. 16, 2016, in a motor vehicle crash near Port Angeles, Washington, according to multiple news sources. He was 44. The three-vehicle crash occurred on U.S. Highway 101. The State Patrol report stated that Rygaard was not wearing a seat belt, according to the Peninsula Daily News. There were no other fatalities. Rygaard and his family owned and operated Rygaard Logging. He was featured on seasons two through nine of the History Channel's "Ax Men." The show documented the methods of logging crews in several states, highlighting the dangerous situations the loggers encountered on the job. The series was canceled in 2015. Click to get weekly celebrity death news delivered to your inbox. He ran in the recent Republican Party primary for Clallam County commissioner but did not secure the nomination. Rygaard is survived by his wife, Katy, and three children. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/newber ... R9Ycn.dpuf

Death, stands in the middle of both battlefields and highways---directing traffic. This bullet goes here, this one goes there--that mortar shell kills a whole squad, that one overshoots it's target--this car goes off the bridge and into the raging torrent, this one hits an 18 wheeler, this one safely continues on it's way back to it's destination. We just never know where or when Death will look our way.........

greybeard":24x3bbad said:
Death, stands in the middle of both battlefields and highways---directing traffic. This bullet goes here, this one goes there--that mortar shell kills a whole squad, that one overshoots it's target--this car goes off the bridge and into the raging torrent, this one hits an 18 wheeler, this one safely continues on it's way back to it's destination. We just never know where or when Death will look our way.........
:nod: i like they way you said that

greybeard":24qptc5s said:
Never hurts to buckle up and help the deck in one's favor.

js1234":3usyiaqv said:
greybeard":3usyiaqv said:

Maybe not TXing and running into the back of someone that's stopped would help also. It's always sad when young folks die.

True Grit Farms":1otbfpao said:
js1234":1otbfpao said:
greybeard":1otbfpao said:

Maybe not TXing and running into the back of someone that's stopped would help also. It's always sad when young folks die.
a man i go to church with was stoped at a stop sign when someone was TXing and rear ended him
pushed him into the intersection where he got hit by someone going 55 he is paralyzed now

I never met Gabe or worked for Rygaard Logging but I sure worked a bunch in their neighborhood. I think it must have something to do with personality to own a northwest logging company, but logging company owners are the scariest people in the world to ride with. They always have too much going on at the same time. On the phone, on the radio, writing notes to themselves, flying down the road talking to others and themselves, one hand on the wheel on terrible roads, or no hands on the wheel and steering with their left knee. Seat belts are for people who have lots of spare time to buckle them. The whole time their right foot is nailed to the floor. I have driven across the country with drunk rodeo cowboys and felt safer than riding with log company owners.

True Grit Farms":1v8l5dht said:
js1234":1v8l5dht said:
greybeard":1v8l5dht said:

No doubt on all counts.
Can't dismiss that the person not buckled up, regardless of whom was at fault, is the one no longer alive. As I said, never hurts to stack the deck all you can. Which variant is easier to change; being certain that every other driver on the road is being conscientious and not texting or putting on one's seatbelt?
Young people dying, especially people who worked and contributed to society, is always a terrible and sad thing.
Doesn't change that seatbelts increase survivability.

Dave":2wuhauz5 said:
I never met Gabe or worked for Rygaard Logging but I sure worked a bunch in their neighborhood. I think it must have something to do with personality to own a northwest logging company, but logging company owners are the scariest people in the world to ride with. They always have too much going on at the same time. On the phone, on the radio, writing notes to themselves, flying down the road talking to others and themselves, one hand on the wheel on terrible roads, or no hands on the wheel and steering with their left knee. Seat belts are for people who have lots of spare time to buckle them. The whole time their right foot is nailed to the floor. I have driven across the country with drunk rodeo cowboys and felt safer than riding with log company owners.

That is a good characterization. I got nervous reading it. :hat:

He was the second one lately. Darrel Ward from Ice Road Truckers was killed in a small plane crash coming back from a truckers convention in Texas.

Been awhile since I watched IRTs but some of that always seemed just a bit too scripted. And the 2 oil patch 'reality' shows were WAY too scripted.

Latest posts