Super blue blood moon tonight.....

Help Support CattleToday:

According to what I heard; the sun, looking exceedingly pale, came up after the moon and melodramatically pointed out that the eclipse was not visible in most of Africa or South America, surmising that the denizen of the dark was a force of divisiveness and protectionism.

jltrent":186ppez8 said:
It looked like the same moon to me and I looked several times early this morning.
Same here....sat and watched it hour or so....went to bed, sobered up, went back outside and realized I'd been staring at the neighbors satellite dish.

Son of Butch":xdiudb3n said:
March 1st Full Moon - Dow Jones down -420 pts -1.68%

My dad always said watch the moon. He could just about predict dry and wet spells that way. Also planting crops he would watch the signs as I now do the same. Apparently it effects Dow Jones also.

When I worked corrections you can bet it affected that. I hated working on a full moon.

It effects people's decision making which effects their buy/sell decisions that send the markets higher or lower.
Historically the widest trading range of any market happen on full moons or new moons + or - 3 days.
If on a weekend the effect could occur on either Friday or Monday (3 days)

IF a computer trading model takes historical data into account in it's algorithm that could even make it a
self fulfilling prophecy.

Son of Butch":3tt0cokp said:
Actually there is a scientific reason for it. Consider the moon's pull on ocean tides and ground water.
The human brain is 73-75% water.

Never thought of it like that. Dang, and all this time I wondered..... :clap:

Son of Butch":3s50ex53 said:
Actually there is a scientific reason for it. Consider the moon's pull on ocean tides and ground water.
:roll: :lol:

Dow drops more than 400 points after Trump announces tariffs

Yup, man always makes up reasons afterwards to comfort themselves and to feel like they are in control...
even though Animal Spirits control it. It's a scary feeling for many to feel they have no control, so make up excuses.

Had Trump waited and signed it on the dark of the moon, then the Market Gurus would have found a different excuse
for the drop.

Come on SoB, don't be so serious...I'm laughing at the % of water in the brain and am not sure that that figure applies to everyone :D

alisonb":1l40pw6k said:
Son of Butch":1l40pw6k said:
:roll: :lol:

Dow drops more than 400 points after Trump announces tariffs
Dow Jones up 440 pts yesterday 3/9/18 to close at 25,336.....
so now tarriffs don't matter 7 days later?
naw.... just the market doing what it does and market experts making up reasons/excuses to sell their 'expertise'.

A monkey with a dart board is just as accurate as market 'experts' (he said, shaking his fist) and stay off my lawn! :)

Latest posts