Sunny Morning Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Cowsandcalves002.jpg

Sun Came out- and the temp is in the 60's and these calves are enjoying it- since all last week was stormy and nasty...
You can see the cousins new roping areana on the hill in the background- like his wife says- makes her house look like an outhouse next to it
;-) :lol:

Cowsandcalves004.jpg

Another Nursery Picture

Cowsandcalves001.jpg

The newest addition scrambling to get back to mom after that mean old guy stuck a rubber band on and a tag in the ear....

Cowsandcalves005.jpg

Cowsandcalves006.jpg

Couple photos of one of the sons new heifers he bought- just like a woman she's camera shy and wouldn't stand for a photo...This is a Strategy Daughter out of Galpin Blackbird 715 (MGGS: Miner Tribute 705) ...I had a couple Miner Tribute 705 sons for bulls a few years back and they sure made some thick deep nice quiet heifers.....

I sure do like that brockle cow with the newborn heading back to her. With the price of fuel, you might want to knock the dust off that horsedrawn equipment you have lying around.

cfpinz

cfpinz":eqv4g64u said:
I sure do like that brockle cow with the newborn heading back to her. With the price of fuel, you might want to knock the dust off that horsedrawn equipment you have lying around.

cfpinz
Boy your right about fuel prices cfpinz, diesel is $2.89 a gallon on this side of the mountain.

THG

The brockle cow is a second calf heifer out of some purebred hereford cows I had...I love those F1 Hereford/Angus for momma cows....

If I get a chance sometime I'll take a picture of the two old Angus bulls I held over this year..They are almost embarassingly fat--Both are 5 framed 3 year olds and slaughter house fat- on just grass hay...But thats what I've tried to breed for is moderate framed deep bodied cattle that are easy keepers, that will keep condition on cactus and sagebrush if they have to- but will put on the weight when put on good feed...

Nice cattle OT, I like the brockle as well.

Some of the cattle seem tagged up a bit ( same as mine ) and some have very little. The new purchases the tagged up ones?

And what is with the boat?? Where ya gonna float a boat in that country! :lol:

ALX

Nice pics, and I'm with the others, I like that brockle-faced. Lots of sky in those pics.

AngusLimoX, I imagine that boat is for those cows to take a break away from the 'kids' and go fishing.

Either that or it is OT's version of a stone-boat in the shape of a real boat.

Katherine

AngusLimoX":2aubekyq said:
Nice cattle OT, I like the brockle as well.

Some of the cattle seem tagged up a bit ( same as mine ) and some have very little. The new purchases the tagged up ones?

And what is with the boat?? Where ya gonna float a boat in that country! :lol:

ALX

Cows and calves are all "supposed" to be tagged with corresponding numbers (didn't show up much in the pictures)- altho I noticed a couple of the cows have lost their tags thru the winter/spring- but so far I can figure out which ones they are thru the brands and process of elimination- until I can get new ones stuck in...

The Boat :lol: :lol: :lol: I tell everyone its my escape route if Fort Peck Dam ever breaks ;-) Actually it belongs to a fellow that works with my wife- that needed a place to store it until he had time to work on it- but thats been about 10 years ago :roll:

Nice pictures OT ,beautiful country kind of looks like our Bad Lands around here or the Sand Hills.Haven't been through your part of the country for a long time used to get to Sweet Grass though quite a bit in my college days. ;-)

Oldtimer":2m0vzjgg said:
Cows and calves are all "supposed" to be tagged with corresponding numbers (didn't show up much in the pictures)- altho I noticed a couple of the cows have lost their tags thru the winter/spring- but so far I can figure out which ones they are thru the brands and process of elimination- until I can get new ones stuck in...

Sorry OT, regional slang thing, "tag" meaning manure/muck stuck on the cattle over winter.

I did do a search and read a few maps, for recreational boating Montana has a lot going for it! ( Before I learned the pleasures of cattle ownership I cruised a sailboat for fun ). Funny how friends seem to think you have all the "free" storage space in the world once they find out you own a farm.

ALX

I do love looking at the pics... :)

Nice animals and babies... :heart:

Alice

Funny how friends seem to think you have all the "free" storage space in the world once they find out you own a farm.

ALX[/quote]
Aint that the truth we have family members Holiday trailer ,camper ,moterhome and someones tent trailer not sure how that got here or whom it belongs to.Maybe I'll just park it at the end of the drive and put a For Sale sign on it or better yet free to new owner.However if someone wants to store their speed boat here that still runs they are very welcome,can't guarentee that it won't have a few more miles on when they come to pick it up though :p .

AngusLimoX":sqoayayk said:
Oldtimer":sqoayayk said:

Sorry OT, regional slang thing, "tag" meaning manure/muck stuck on the cattle over winter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :oops: Never heard of it put that way...Yep that is just the boughten ones that were in a lot- because after I get them weaned I just turn my own heifers loose and start making them get used to living "real life"...

I did do a search and read a few maps, for recreational boating Montana has a lot going for it! ( Before I learned the pleasures of cattle ownership I cruised a sailboat for fun ). Funny how friends seem to think you have all the "free" storage space in the world once they find out you own a farm.

Its hard to believe in the middle of the Great American Desert of eastern Montana we have some water- with Fort Peck Lake being the largest...I think I read somewhere that Fort Peck has the same amount of shoreline as the California coast....Pretty good walleye, northern, and Lake trout fishing too (altho nothing like parts of Canada :roll: )......

ALX

Latest posts