Summer Food

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
SO, is there anything better then Bacon, Lettuce and tomato on fresh toasted bread..? With the L&T fresh from the garden.
I mean other then "fried new zucchini" The # ! of course. :roll:
grinning-smiley-002.gif

mnmtranching":3quv67hs said:
SO, is there anything better then Bacon, Lettuce and tomato on fresh toasted bread..? With the L&T fresh from the garden.
grinning-smiley-002.gif
That plus a slice of $8 ice cold watermelon. :p :lol:

1982vett":1rsefhzv said:
mnmtranching":1rsefhzv said:
grinning-smiley-002.gif
That plus a slice of $8 ice cold watermelon. :p :lol:

You are right, I'm going to eat till I'm in pain. :nod: :help:

Fried summer squash, fresh tomatoes, sauteed onions, steamed taters and corn on the cob. All from the garden. I love summer.

Thats it Lammie, I am starving and I am comeing to your house! I will bring us a watermelon! ;-)

Auburn_Ag":mrz8txq4 said:
Thats it Lammie, I am starving and I am comeing to your house! I will bring us a watermelon! ;-)

You do that. We are having a crowd this weekend.

Peach Cobler, Yum!! and Blackberry sounds pretty good to! :nod:

plums from the tree, strawberries with cream auh! Summer why is there so many nice things. Had a glass of Champaign with strawberries floating in it at BBG this weekend soooooo, nice and refreshing.
8_4_145.gif

a big sirloin on the grill drowned in worcestire sauce served with a big potato and ear o silver queen from the garden :D :D :D

Dixon_Club_Calves":19mk7h0u said:
a big sirloin on the grill drowned in worcestire sauce served with a big potato and ear o silver queen from the garden :D :D :D

Sounds like our 4th; we had T-Bones and Sirloins (Certified Hereford Beef from our farm) grilled over a pit we dug in the ground. Fresh ears, homemade baked beans loaded with onions, bell peppers and bacon, potato salad from mama's house, and topped it all off with a peach/pineapple cobbler cooked in the dutch oven over the same pit. Hmmm, think I'll have some leftovers for lunch today. ;-)

Brisket, tater salad, watermellon, BBQ beans and lots of beer. I am feeling a bit worse for the wear today. I am about ready for my partiers to go home now... They show no signs of leaving, though. I better get out the leftovers. :frowns:

Lammie":2v66f1th said:
Brisket, tater salad, watermellon, BBQ beans and lots of beer. I am feeling a bit worse for the wear today. I am about ready for my partiers to go home now... They show no signs of leaving, though. I better get out the leftovers. :frowns:

Suggest that you sure could use some help tightning the fence. That's the quickest way I know to find some alone time. :nod:

Dixon_Club_Calves":1b1wgn6y said:
is worcestire sauce anything like Worcestershire sauce?, as that would be very spicey.

Angus/Brangus":1vawi72s said:
"Summer Food". Interesting phrase. I've only heard it once before.

As opposed to Winter, Fall and Spring food? Learn something every day :nod:

Smart a$$. You are on a roll today, aren't ya?

Jogeephus":2q0k0lqw said:
Lammie":2q0k0lqw said:

Suggest that you sure could use some help tightning the fence. That's the quickest way I know to find some alone time. :nod:

You don't understand. My step-daughter's BF, (love him!!!) is a farmer. Tightening fence would have been something he'd have done without even having to ask. He was walking fenceline on the 3rd. I am glad we werent roofing. He'd have done it. He's wonderful and I am hoping she has the good sense to marry him one day.

We finally just stopped feeding them and they went home. Then we went to a friend's house and resumed the feast!

Tomorrow night we're havin fried mustard greens with potatoes and Italian sausage, a Frittata made with Zuchinni and Yellow squash, and a salad of sliced tomatoes fresh mozzerella, and basil fresh from the garden.

The whole meal is out of the garden and darned good for ya.

Latest posts