stuck in a feed barrel?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm not going to tell on my self too much, but there's a couple people on here that know how graceful I am :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have yet to fall in a feed barrel though - come to think about it though, we don't have any feed barrels - good thing I guess.

warpaint":fooxfq6z said:
Have you ever noticed, your first reaction when something like this happens, slip and fall, bang your head, or anything similar, the first thing you do is look around to see if anybody saw you do it ? :roll:
That is not my first reaction. I am more of spontaneous verbal reactionary.

CROWDER FOR PRESIDENT

Caustic Burno":2lsb01jq said:
Anybody that gets stuck in a 55 gallon drum needs to purchase a treadmill.
dont need treadmill.just got huge wide shoulders from all the work on the farm

msscamp":3lec6ta7 said:
Beefy":3lec6ta7 said:
what is it with grandparents trying to scare that crap out of you?

They can't run as fast as parents so they have to resort to scare tactics to keep their grandkids close to them. It works in theory, anyway! ;-)

I have to tell you guys this true story -- and I am not a woman to rely on tricks or threats to raise my kids, however if they CHOOSE to believe things... so be it!

Unbeknownst to my kids, I received a phone call at work from my sitter who was a bit out of sorts because the boys (I have two: 12 and 8 ), were being a bit more then a handful. The sitter had caught the kids being mean to the animals kicking, hitting, pinning down -- just being nasty lil trolls, and was wondering if it was alright with me if there was some punishment issued. I said "of course, but I will take care of the big punishment when I get home."

The sitter had stopped them, but not before they had drop kicked one of the geese, and had done some serious damage to its mate, chased the chickens so badly they didn't lay for a week, and the dogs were very scared of them (I have 4 - 1 German Sheperd, 3 border collies), and there wasn't a cat in sight (which is not necessarily a bad thing). I got home, and instead of going in the house right away, I went to the barn and started chores. The dogs happily followed me there where it was safe. I was in the barn 20 minutes before I saw a little head poke itself in the door, and it was the 8 yr old to tell me the sitter had left when they saw my car in the drive. I didn't say a word - just glared. He closed the door, and ran for the house. I entered the house to see my supper on the table waiting for me - I sat down, and proceeded to eat, and pet the top of the sheperds head -- then I started talking to him "Chance, did you have a good day? No?? Why?" ... the boys sat there watching me and the dog, there was silence. Then I asked the dog "OH REALLY?? and what else did they do???" The kids looked at me (my face was really red), and they glanced at the dog. My 12 yr old said "you can't talk to animals!?!! ...... can you?" I said (in a not so nice tone) "Someone better owe up to why the goose is so angry with you, and why the dogs are telling me somebody got drop kicked off the back of the truck!" I looked down at the Sheperd again, and said "Chance, gonna help me find out who was the mean one???" My 12 yr old YELLED "CHANCE, SHUT UP!! DON'T YOU SAY ANYTHING!" and the 8 yr old spilled his guts and narced on the both of them.

Haven't had a problem with lying or cruelty since ... and when I want a answer, I just ask the dogs -- the kids fess up in no time.... A mom has to do what a mom has to do.........