stuck in a feed barrel?

Help Support CattleToday:

coolwater

Reaction score
:oops: :oops: :oops: has anyone ever been stuck in a feed barrel?at least is there anyone that would admit to being stuck in a feed barrel?well i wouldnt tell this on myself except that now that its over its really funny.the other day after unloading feed i was blending feed for my wifes chickens.ive got some plastic barrels made like a wiskey barrel.they are narrow at the top get wide in the middle and narrow at the bottom.i should have used a shovel or paddle but no i just had to reach in down towards the bottom and my shoulders slipped right on in.i couldnt get back out.i managed to bend enough to get the barrel and myself down on the ground.still couldnt get out.all the feed dust was choking me and i panicked.yelled and yelled for my wife.when she finaly came into the barn she almost rolled on the ground laughing.she said she could just faintly hear her name being called.so the moral of the story is to stir with something other than your hands.

I haven't gotten stuck in a feed barrell, but I have tripped over a crystal X tub while backing away from water tubs and fell in it. :oops: Had some really nice bruises on my back for quite a while! Thankfully, no one was around to see the extent of my grace and coordination! :D I now put them in a more appropriate storage place, rather than just tossing them over the fence when they are empty. ;-)

Well,
Mary was waiting on some friends to come pick her up to go to a picnic and the friends were running late and Mary was kind of a hefty gal and she decided that while she was waiting she was going to eat a piece of fried chicken. so she sat down with her bucket of fried chicken on one of those old city trashcans (they were just like round metal trashcans but they sat down in a hole in the ground and had a lid maybe 3 or 4 inches above the ground.). well while Mary was eating chicken waiting on her friends the lid caved in and Mary fell in the trashcan and died.

Beefy":1qyiam84 said:
my grandmother's maid years ago fell in a trashcan and died.
well beefy im surely gonna be careful around they feed barells and most asuredly around trash cans.how did they find the poor lady ?the trash guys didnt dump her out did they?

no her late friends eventually found her. she had suffocated from being wedged in there.

when i was in highschool i read about another incident similar to this in the paper. except in that case a woman stepped onto the trashcan and fell in and broke her ankle or something and had to wait for passers-by to come to her rescue.

the city no longer has in the ground trashcans.

Beefy":3b3rslsa said:
no her late friends eventually found her. she had suffocated from being wedged in there.

when i was in highschool i read about another incident similar to this in the paper. except in that case a woman stepped onto the trashcan and fell in and broke her ankle or something and had to wait for passers-by to come to her rescue.

the city no longer has in the ground trashcans.
many many moons ago my grandpaw used to take me fishing at rayburn lake and the bathrooms had these toilets that wernt much more than pipe comming up from the floor with a toilet seat on top.they had vac trucks come clean them.my grandpaw always told me that little kids had fallen in there and they would have to get the trucks to suck them out along with the poop.needless to say i didnt play around in the bathroom.in fact i remember not wanting to go in there alone.

Beefy":g1ayklto said:
what is it with grandparents trying to scare that crap out of you?
all i know is that it sure kept me in their sight and kept me from wandering off to the bathroom alone

coolwater":2we1xkz4 said:
i just had to reach in down towards the bottom and my shoulders slipped right on in.i couldnt get back out.i managed to bend enough to get the barrel and myself down on the ground.still couldnt get out.

I'm having a mental picture of you standing with this barrel on your head, and all of the sudden the bull notices you and wants to play chicken. Maybe you have a future in the rodeo as a clown jumping in the barrels.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :D :D :D

Beefy":2f6m4vu1 said:
what is it with grandparents trying to scare that crap out of you?

They can't run as fast as parents so they have to resort to scare tactics to keep their grandkids close to them. It works in theory, anyway! ;-)

Have you ever noticed, your first reaction when something like this happens, slip and fall, bang your head, or anything similar, the first thing you do is look around to see if anybody saw you do it ? :roll: