Storing a New Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider":2x6el0a4 said:
Alan":2x6el0a4 said:
I'm still curious on your thoughts about the warranty?

Not picking an argument, just curious.

Alan

No argument, you are absolutely correct. The warranty would run out while the tractor did not run.

The only reason I asked is because, my 07 Duramax just recently had it's warranty expire, it's at the shop with a new fuel regulator, at least 3 injectors and a check valve to replace. Looking at around 3 grand at this point ..... So warranties are on my mind.

Thanks, but with those great finance terms we are looking at a new RTV 900. You can't beat free money!

Alan

If you have the cash flow, then take what your monthly payment would have been and put that into a savings account. The interest rate wouldn't be much, but it should keep pace with inflation. It would sure feel good to pay cash in 3 years. Or, at least have a large down payment. Dealers always seem easier to deal with when you have cash in hand. I wish I knew that first hand:)

lucky7chief":2xop2vxo said:
If you have the cash flow, then take what your monthly payment would have been and put that into a savings account. The interest rate wouldn't be much, but it should keep pace with inflation. It would sure feel good to pay cash in 3 years. Or, at least have a large down payment. Dealers always seem easier to deal with when you have cash in hand. I wish I knew that first hand:)

Good point.

I typically negotiate from a cash position. If I can't get the cost of money savings I use their money. Zero interest is nice. If they drop the price enough then I pay cash.

lucky7chief":2974e0fc said:
CofD or MM "might" pay a little more, but watch the restrictions and term period--you can lose any gain if you need to cash out early before the term of the CD. Been a couple of 3 years since I looked at either.

Cash money is the best way to buy vehicles...so I would assume the best way to buy a tractor. I have some experience in this, buying a 2011 Harley this way...its amazing how much they will neg. with cash in hand ready to walk out the door...

NorthAlasmalls":1je0pmrd said:
Cash money is the best way to buy vehicles...so I would assume the best way to buy a tractor. I have some experience in this, buying a 2011 Harley this way...its amazing how much they will neg. with cash in hand ready to walk out the door...
As you might guess by my name there 'Bama, I am a Harley guy too.. Actually bought my third HD free and clear from the profit on the earlier two,,,, but that market has changed. Used bike prices are down, and new ones keep going up.

Latest posts