Stolen Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

cloud9cattle

Reaction score
Not a related topic but we had 7 of our replacement heifers stolen tuesday night. We had them all penned to work wendesday afternoon. We had plans on adding to the group and working them all at once wends. evening.
Cant believe some people...Im afraid the more and more this market goes up and the public is made aware of the rising $$$$$ this may become more and more common. I feel so sick. All heifers are carrying our cloud nine brand with tag#'s 20-27 in the right and purple tags with DOB in the left. Worth a shot letting everyone know never know who may see this.

Sorry. I despise a theif above anything. Stealing a dog or livestock is the most despised theif of all. I can understand why early Americans despised a horse theif!

cloud9cattle":1ctldbdt said:
Not a related topic but we had 7 of our replacement heifers stolen tuesday night. We had them all penned to work wendesday afternoon. We had plans on adding to the group and working them all at once wends. evening.
Cant believe some people...Im afraid the more and more this market goes up and the public is made aware of the rising $$$$$ this may become more and more common. I feel so sick. All heifers are carrying our cloud nine brand with tag#'s 20-27 in the right and purple tags with DOB in the left. Worth a shot letting everyone know never know who may see this.

Are you member of the TSCRA ?
If not join and give them a call

Wow that sucks glad you had them branded better chance of getting them back. Just a piece of advice never leave cattle penned. I saw a thing on cattle thieves, and they interviewed a former cattle thief and he said they always looked for penned cattle to steal because they were easy to load and go. You can still call TSCR they will help you locate cattle even if you are not a member.

TexasBred":2lfjybno said:
Shanghai":2lfjybno said:
That's kind of like going to the emergency room without insurance, they'll help and won't refuse you, but it aint right ;-)
Buy'em a 30 pack.

Is that legal, I mean while duty ?
I'm going try that he next time the highway patrol pulls me over
Him : sir is there a medical emergency ?
Me: Naw I'm just trying to get to the beer store before they close. I have a couple left though. Here take one and git in and go with me :D

Depending on where your located in central Texas, your cattle were probably sold in Clifton, Lampasas or Coleman on Wednesday or at West or Groesbeck on Thursday. Since they were branded, if brand inspector was doing a good job, they should have a record of them.

Hope you get them back. At least you had them branded, so that's a plus.

So sorry about your heifers. Hope you get them back and the thieves caught and prosecuted. I am so tired of people stealing what others have worked to have.

I was getting ready for bailing hay last week, and someone with a 4 wheeler drove up. I got on the tractor to start, and he got on his 4 wheeler.
I started bailing and noticed he didn't come out from behind the shade tree. At that time I remembered my wallet with about $2000 in the pu. I
thought that he was coming out when I did. I have not seen my wallet since. This person is a former JP judge. My wife and I have looked
hi and low and haven't found it. I don't want to accuse anyone, but I have my suspension.

Where I come from that's punishable by death there's way to many holes and hollers around here that people just seem to disappear. :cowboy:

Sorry for your loss I know I would be mighty ticked

That is awful, we've only had one young calf stolen in 25 years, we know who it was and got even our own way. In my case it's not just the money, because they are pets too, and perhaps for you too.

Hope you find them

Nesikep":e74wcinb said:
That is awful, we've only had one young calf stolen in 25 years, we know who it was and got even our own way. In my case it's not just the money, because they are pets too, and perhaps for you too.

Hope you find them

That is what would hurt me.

Latest posts