Stock Investments

Help Support CattleToday:

That's why they started using the 2FA. If someone gets into your account, then they would still need to get to your cell phone or email to get your 2FA code. Hackers can get into your regular bank to, and that's all the wallets are, is your crypto bank. You buy you crypto then move it to a crypto trading/ investment platform. There are some very good ones. Right now, crypto is my bread and butter, cows are my write off.
I don't know how you do it with cryptos...not my cup of tea....i admire anyone that is actually making money in cryptos. You realize...your success is someone else's loss? and the Big Boys are right beside you Playing in Cryptos too and THEY don't lose. Just reading.... Crypto is your bread and butter....just floors me....how do you do it? Is there a simple trick you use? Care to share and expand?

RIO, looks great...something i would like to buy if i had more funds, providing 11% dividends nice, not much downside, it's a "hold". You're smart....on investing. Iron ore is always needed. REIT can be wonderful in good times when people pay their bills on buildings-rents-leases-tenants....full occupancy. So many REITs were with big major shopping centers (kmart, kohls, sears) and strip malls that went BUST! The internet killed the Commercial-Business building REITs. There are REITs on individual tenet housing-buildings that are safer.
I owned a reit NRF it was a good dividend paying stock. Colony bought it and it went down hill. I finally sold it and now it is called Digital Bridge. When Colony took it over it was trading in the neighbor hood of $18 to $20. I had 35000 shares of it. One of Trumps buddies owned colony and it went to nothing in two years.

I don't know how you do it with cryptos...not my cup of tea....i admire anyone that is actually making money in cryptos. You realize...your success is someone else's loss? and the Big Boys are right beside you Playing in Cryptos too and THEY don't lose. Just reading.... Crypto is your bread and butter....just floors me....how do you do it? Is there a simple trick you use? Care to share and expand?
Well, first off I bought bitcoin back in the dark ages when it was two for a penny, then sold some when it went to $60,000 each. You sell when it gets to the point of "how much would I kick myself if it crashed right now".
You need to know which coins have utility, or will have utility and buy before they gain a lot of value. Right now I'm buying G999 for 3 for a penny. This coin has a lot of utility being built into it and "should" increase in value rather quickly over the next few years.
I also have two crypto programs that you buy contracts that pay out daily, every 2 weeks or monthly plus return your investment at the end of the contract. They are guaranteed and insured, and your profit depends on which contract you buy. I'm only invested in two companies right now, but always checking out what might be up and coming.
If its allowed I can post links if anyone would like to check them out. Lots of YouTube videos on both to help make any investment decisions. Short term payout on one is 3.3% daily for 30 working days, and long term payout on the other for one of the lower priced contracts is 38% yearly paid out monthly for 2 years.

I owned a reit NRF it was a good dividend paying stock. Colony bought it and it went down hill. I finally sold it and now it is called Digital Bridge. When Colony took it over it was trading in the neighbor hood of $18 to $20. I had 35000 shares of it. One of Trumps buddies owned colony and it went to nothing in two years.
It's very important to track news of any stock you own....I owned Just Energy JE, thinking it would take off....and lucky for me I got out with only a 5% loss....the next following 5 days it crashed 80%. What i find is people ARE slow to get out of their position...you have to be listening and reading the news and be ready to jump to protect your money...take the small loss...before the next day comes which is ALWAYS WORSE.

Well, first off I bought bitcoin back in the dark ages when it was two for a penny, then sold some when it went to $60,000 each. You sell when it gets to the point of "how much would I kick myself if it crashed right now".
You need to know which coins have utility, or will have utility and buy before they gain a lot of value. Right now I'm buying G999 for 3 for a penny. This coin has a lot of utility being built into it and "should" increase in value rather quickly over the next few years.
I also have two crypto programs that you buy contracts that pay out daily, every 2 weeks or monthly plus return your investment at the end of the contract. They are guaranteed and insured, and your profit depends on which contract you buy. I'm only invested in two companies right now, but always checking out what might be up and coming.
If its allowed I can post links if anyone would like to check them out. Lots of YouTube videos on both to help make any investment decisions. Short term payout on one is 3.3% daily for 30 working days, and long term payout on the other for one of the lower priced contracts is 38% yearly paid out monthly for 2 years.

I'll bite.

I'm curious...

@mtchick , I don't know, in my world of investing there's no free lunch and if it sounds too good to be true ...everyone would want to do it and it absolutely can't work. For instance...you stated "Short term payout on one is 3.3% daily for 30 working days, and long term payout on the other for one of the lower priced contracts is 38% yearly paid out monthly for 2 years"...yeah , I think everyone would want to be onboard for long term 2 year... 38% on their money/year.
Problem is stuff like this doesn't exist without risk. Yeah, maybe the first year payout was 38% but that's not guaranteed every year. Too dangerous for me. I fallback to my comfort zone...where I actually believe I know a lot about cryptos....and they are a worthless hot potato where the remaining holders will be holding an invisible bag of electronic coins that can't buy anything and nobody wants them....and they're deemed illegal. I believe cryptos are and will be used as an inflation sink....destroy money...and you tame inflation quickly. I'm happy for you mtchick...but in my world at age 59, having dabbled in all forms of investments....I know there's no free lunch and following the herd or trend is dangerous. Cryptos have no P/E ratio they are not a company with any performance. Crypto try to act like money....but i cannot buy a burger with them. If cryptos are on the Forex exchange (i don't know, are they?)...then it's just another form of money which is good. If cryptos are not on the Forex exchange...then that is a big signal to me, and anyone, to stay out.

Yeah, You just want to "break down" the lie and have a good laugh.
LOL... more like listen and think.

Even some pretty outrageous information can have nuggets of value in them. I noted your comment above that said, "... following the herd or trend is dangerous.", and it IS. But the ability to anticipate herd movement is valuable and can be used to advantage. When we are working our cattle we learn to anticipate how the herd is moving, flowing like water always taking the easy path, and even which mavericks are most likely to break and run and where they are likely to do it. The same thing happens with humans and how they flow. I've ridden some great runs because I anticipated people climbing on board to ride the wave and I've managed to step out before they crashed, making some real money. But I've been in cattle and real estate for too many years and am now interested in learning and reentering stocks... and won't turn my nose up at other potential information that teaches me about herd movement.

You don't think Warren Buffet got rich buying and holding do you? Doing the same thing everyone is advised to do by "financial advisers? From your posts, TR, I can see that you understand this already. But yes, dangerous if the investor doesn't have a good filter.

Last edited:
@ Travlr Sound advice...I'm always listening for those nuggets too...problem is i'm dead tired of cryptos....if i didn't find any nuggets from 2015 to 2022....well, i did FIND ONE nuggets of truth...I learned. There's a vast population that are willing to invest is things they don't understand (call it reckless, stupidity)....I didn't realize that until cryptos....and then with the ex-dividend dates. The conclusion is we need everyone doing what they like to do. It offers diversity and dynamics to investing....and finding little sources of steady income to draw off of.

Has anyone used Vanguard for your investing? I'm looking into their utility fund, just curious if anyone else has invested in it and what your take is?

Has anyone used Vanguard for your investing? I'm looking into their utility fund, just curious if anyone else has invested in it and what your take is?
Yes, I have money in their VDIGX fund but not in their utility fund. Also have money in a mid-cap fund I believe but can't remember the ticker.

Here is a list of Vanguard Mutual funds. I have been in Vanguard since 1981 cost is low. I also have a managed brokerage account with them also trades do not cost anything over the fees that very low for being in vanguard. The mutual funds go up and down as the markets do but over time I have been okay with it. I have had growth and have taken out a good bit of money to pay of a mortgage on the home and buy other things that we need. Money can be moved to them and from them very easily. VWNEX is the mutual fund that my investments is in 2020 paid 11% in capital gains long term and short term and dividends. 2021 has the same rate. It has been up and down here in 2022 but probable will be in the 6 percent range if nothing changes.

I've had accounts with them since 1999.

While I've read some have had some complaints about customer service, I've not had any problems or issues.

I haven't been in the utility fund for a long time. Not that it isn't a good fund, 10% annualized since 2004, but I have a better feel how things are playing out in the energy sector so I use it instead.

Last edited:
I've had accounts with them since 1999.

While I've read some have had some complaints about customer service, I've not had any problems or issues.

I haven't been in the utility fund for a long time. Not that it isn't a good fund, 10% annualized since 2004, but I have a better feel how things are playing out in the energy sector so I use it instead.
And I'm not saying it's a good time to invest in the energy sector either. In fact, I've recently reduced the position I put on at the end of 2020.

I have been in a silver/gold mining company, CDE, for about 15 years and it has pretty much sucked. Sadly, I keep buying on the dips but sell the covered calls to bring in a premium. I am fine with it getting called away as I make 12-18% in less than 60 days.

Vanguard Utilities Index Fund - admiral
VUIAX current price 78.97

5 yr high 83.75 april 8 2022
previous highs 79.44 march 25 2022 and 77.64 february 21 2020
low 52.54 march 20 2020
5 yr average 65.93

I'm cautious about buying funds while they are near their highs
throwing out covid March 2020 - on average june seems to be its worst performing month... if you're going to buy - I'd suggest do so in June - but very limited data

p.s.
I've never invested in the utilities fund and have no plans to do so.
(so it will probably be a winner) :)

Last edited:
I have been in a silver/gold mining company, CDE, for about 15 years and it has pretty much sucked. Sadly, I keep buying on the dips but sell the covered calls to bring in a premium. I am fine with it getting called away as I make 12-18% in less than 60 days.
Hang tight...it's on its way up...I'd unload that when it gets back to $9.00 unless there's some spectacular news....don't wait for $10. CDE is not profitable unless you enjoy playing the dips. Miners will have their day in the sun before 2025...they can't hold this turkey together much longer.

Vanguard Utilities Index Fund - admiral
VUIAX current price 78.97

5 yr high 83.75 april 8 2022
previous highs 79.44 march 25 2022 and 77.64 february 21 2020
low 52.54 march 20 2020
5 yr average 65.93

I'm cautious about buying funds while they are near their highs
throwing out covid March 2020 - on average june seems to be its worst performing month... if you're going to buy - I'd suggest do so in June - but very limited data

p.s.
I've never invested in the utilities fund and have no plans to do so.
(so it will probably be a winner) :)
I like southern company but they look waaaay over valued right now.

Latest posts