Stock Investments

Help Support CattleToday:

What are some 'unloved assets' if you don't mind saying? I want to make some changes and finding this out could help to know what to do.
Anyway, I would know enough to at least ask.
It used to be the most unloved and unappreciated assets were in oil and gas in 2019...i bought Exxon and COP, and the other big two for $30. range going to $70. (when i sold mine) and now most are over $100. Today, the most unloved and beaten down are in the precious metal miners both junior and senior. Due to cryptos being seen and held as an inflation hedge which is ridiculous in my world (soon to be in their world too). Gold and silver in real physical form is the most unloved too. The Silver price today break's God law....of 1:17 in the earth crust. Silver is the most undervalued asset in the entire world...and can only be manipulated down...for only a few more years-decades until the gig is up. Especially with solar and electrification. You want to be (silent) but laughed at for a few years/decades and then become uber wealthy?....if you do...just invest in silver.

NRZ...i like that one...nice numbers solid company with great dividend---NRZ is going to go up and dividend is great even if it never goes higher than $11 or $12 in the next two years. ABBV, might be ok...i wouldn't touch it...for two reasons...it's valuation is high right now...peaking on chart and has a PE ratio of over 24...pricey could go to $160 but could fall as easily to $120.
Faster Horses...something to think about...what fun is it to own a $100. stock that goes up and down to $80 and $120. ....but you have to admit the $5. to $10. stock with strong possibility of going to $20 or $30 is so much more fun exciting rewarding.....NRZ @ $10. is so much more fun than ABBV @$150 don't you think?
NRZ is a mortgage REIT. I've never seen one that didn't bleed equity. Also, don't see anything separating them from the rest of the pack.

Robin hood was the first site to offer free trading..after which it FORCED all the other professional brokerages to follow....w/ free trades too. Thank you Robin hood. I don't use robin hood...i like and use "E-Trade"'s platform and advice/set-up better.
Penny stocks ARE very dangerous...for first timers...go for "indexed funds"...if you are that rabbit that secures $120,000. with $20,000. dollars input...you will be that same rabbit that loses your $120,000. down to $8,000. Best to be the patient hare...go for dividend stocks (utilities) that are valued under 20 P/E ratio...or set it for "index" small cap or large cap. There's no free lunch...that young guy that did pretty well...will never tell you about his other horror stories of losing $80,000.
I once used E-trade quite a bit and now that I am looking at reentering the market I'll be using them again. But I'll be keeping some money with Charles Schwab just to use their information sourcing.

And overall, reading your posts, I appreciate how you're thinking. Patience has always done good things for me, too. No matter what kind of investment is involved.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on RIO. On REIT I have lost more money on REIT than any other stocks I own. Exception GE. A lot of stupid moves on GE management. Just me but REITS I try to stay away from.

When I was looking at crypto there was a big issue with hackers getting in to peoples' "wallets". It didn't sound like there was any thing you could do about it.
I've heard that having a 28 character password increases the security adequately enough, but yeah, I've heard that hackers are pretty focused on mining what isn't theirs.

NRZ is a mortgage REIT. I've never seen one that didn't bleed equity. Also, don't see anything separating them from the rest of the pack.
REIT's can and do bleed money when times are bad....and times HAVE been bad for REITs...but why hasn't this one (NRZ) bled? Whatever properties they are holding (buying) and taking in money on it's working for them. I like small and safe....if NRZ hasn't failed now...just think about the possibilities when times ARE good.

Any thoughts on RIO. On REIT I have lost more money on REIT than any other stocks I own. Exception GE. A lot of stupid moves on GE management. Just me but REITS I try to stay away from.
RIO, looks great...something i would like to buy if i had more funds, providing 11% dividends nice, not much downside, it's a "hold". You're smart....on investing. Iron ore is always needed. REIT can be wonderful in good times when people pay their bills on buildings-rents-leases-tenants....full occupancy. So many REITs were with big major shopping centers (kmart, kohls, sears) and strip malls that went BUST! The internet killed the Commercial-Business building REITs. There are REITs on individual tenet housing-buildings that are safer.

I've heard that having a 28 character password increases the security adequately enough, but yeah, I've heard that hackers are pretty focused on mining what isn't theirs.
That's why they started using the 2FA. If someone gets into your account, then they would still need to get to your cell phone or email to get your 2FA code. Hackers can get into your regular bank to, and that's all the wallets are, is your crypto bank. You buy you crypto then move it to a crypto trading/ investment platform. There are some very good ones. Right now, crypto is my bread and butter, cows are my write off.

A financial advisor told me to sell at 19. It has split twice since then and got almost to 60 last week. Closed below 54 today
I wondered before...if a financial advisor was any good at his job. Why would he need a job.. 🤔
Eeeks..stay away from that financial advisor....young kids...i call them.

@TexasRancher are you worried about the rising costs of the miners? I own KGC and FSM (not because they're the best, they just seemed like the buy at the time). Seemed like a home run a year ago. Costs have gone up quite a bit since then. Although AISC is still well under cost of gold.

My plan is to wait for the miners to get some love and dump them.

Interesting. Our banker says not to buy and sell because the investment person makes a commission every time we do. Our investment person will advise me if he makes a commission or if we can sell something that he doesn't make a commission on. I appreciate that, maybe it's a law he has to do that, I don't know for sure.

What it was that made the 200% gain was a growth stock. AMAT. Not sure what to do now. They tell me you haven't lost anything until you sell...It doesn't have a dividend that amounts to anything, so there's that. If we sell it, then we pay taxes on the gain. It's pretty complicated, really. A balancing act. Mr. FH doesn't like the stock market so we don't have much in it, whether that's good or bad.
I meant 1200% gain, not 200. It's now 850% gain.

Not sure how I even knew about NRZ. I thought it was here, but I went back to the beginning of the thread and I couldn't find it.
Texas Rancher, thanks for your input on it. Our broker told me what it was, so I was aware. Among other things, our broker said we are way behind on building homes because of Covid and thought it would be a safe(r) investment.
I guess we will see.

I didn't buy much of the ABBV, because of the price. I like to buy more of the lower priced stock. You are right, it's much more fun.

@TexasRancher are you worried about the rising costs of the miners? I own KGC and FSM (not because they're the best, they just seemed like the buy at the time). Seemed like a home run a year ago. Costs have gone up quite a bit since then. Although AISC is still well under cost of gold.

My plan is to wait for the miners to get some love and dump them.
Oh, they will get love...don't dump them to soon. I'm confident miners will come back once the broader stock market corrects...which will be the case in 2022 or 2023 at the latest...1.5 years....from what i'm seeing last week...i believe it'll be sooner (this summer or fall) than later.

If anyone's interested....I'll give my cleverest stock dividend tip I use to double the dividend on any stock...works about 50% of the time.
Fact #1 *** It's based on the ex-dividend date: which states as long as you purchase a stock prior to the ex-dividend date, you can then sell the stock any time on or after the ex-dividend date and still receive the dividend.***
Fact#2: *** Under normal circumstances the stock will usually fall right after the ex-dividend date (day after) in exact proportions to the dividend disbursed...as people exit the stock after the dividend is secured. ***

Here's how you play the game...to double your dividend 50% of the time on any stock: (I don't recommend you selling all your shares, just take a portion of the shares you are willing to make good money on and part with for an extra dividend (gaining two dividends), and you can always reinvest back into the same company anyway after the sale).
Step 1: Calculate your actual dividend payout you will receive on (example 200 shares of ticker "HHH" being sold on the ex-dividend date of (example: 5/15/2022 ex-dividend date)...on 5/14/2022 an hour before closing take the actual share price of "HHH"....take this actual share price and embed that dividend % on 200 shares of value....to arrive at the NEW "Share Price" with your extra dividend inputted into the current share price.

Step #2: On 5/14/2022 just before closing...or even on the morning of 5/15/2022 (ex-dividend date) either or will work fine ...set a 200 share sell limit for your calculated NEW Share Price, (1 day limit sale only) that will gain you an extra dividend if someone buys your 200 shares THAT you already secured the dividend on the night before!!!
The way this works...is sooooo many people do not understand the ex-dividend date...and are chasing dividends!!! People ARE buying on the Ex-divided date early in the morning to secure a dividend that will never transpire for them.
...and here's the best part...if nobody is fooled and they don't buy your 200 shares....you still own them!!! and the sell limit expires on the ex-dividend date. I always put out these "dividend embedded new share price sell limits" on the ex-dividend date...it's 5 to 10 minutes work...and it does produce good money.

Latest posts