Stock Investments

Help Support CattleToday:

"Have any of you dealt with the government I Bonds ?" For a government website, it is actually fairly easy to understand
True.... for a government website. :)

Even though it's always recommended to have some bonds in your portfolio,
I'm not a big believer in bonds. But I-Bonds are an excellent choice to at least hold for inevitable family funeral expenses down the road while keeping pace with inflation. Much better than getting robbed by those small life insurance 'funeral expense' policies.

How do you buy bitcoin? Every time I've looked to see how to buy it the sites look like scams.
I like Coinbase the best, you sign up for an account, do your KYC and link it to either your bank account or a credit card. I think there are limits on how much you can buy at first.

I've been doing a little trading…
True.... for a government website. :)

Even though it's always recommended to have some bonds in your portfolio,
I'm not a big believer in bonds. But I-Bonds are an excellent choice to at least hold for inevitable family funeral expenses down the road while keeping pace with inflation. Much better than getting robbed by those small life insurance 'funeral expense' policies.
Bought $10,000.00 worth yesterday from salvaged short term profits from Amazon and Apple. Took a small loss Netflix after it failed to bounce following it's 35% one day decline.

7.12% for the next 6 months plus 9ish for the 6 months. Hold for at least another 3 looks to me to be a no brainer to me. I mean, how much of last years gains could you have left at this point?

Maybe "know your customer".
Bought some I bonds just the other day. My gambling stocks, DKNG and PENN, are way down.
I am bout ready to stop trying to pick single stocks and just go all mutual funds. But, what is the fun in that?

Maybe "know your customer".
Bought some I bonds just the other day. My gambling stocks, DKNG and PENN, are way down.
I am bout ready to stop trying to pick single stocks and just go all mutual funds. But, what is the fun in that?
I know, I can't resist either.

For whoever asked, you can buy Bitcoin through PayPal now and through Sofi.com

I'm always ahead of the curve by a year or two...made great money in oil mid-2019 to 2022 and finally natural gas...sold them. Now I'm in "unloved" beat down gold and silver senior and junior miners...probably take another year or two there too. I'm sitting tight...as there's NOTHING to invest in but the beat down miners...stock market is overvalued and ripe for a correction...THEY cannot keep propping up a turkey...they need to (and will) let it fall...becoming the greatest inflation sink (absorb-er-destroyer of money). Cryptos are a dangerous game of nothingness....as long are more participants come (greater fools)....then bitcoin will keep rising. Myself...I want money-hard assets that's actually back by something. I'm not trusting my wealth to a printing press and UBI (distributions) I have no control over.

I've got 50k in a pension account that's not doing much. Been thinking of buying all Tesla stock with it just to see what it does. The only thing that scares me about Elon Musk's companies is that if something happens to him his companies will most likely go bust.
Please don't do that. Stay and steer clear of the big five, apple, tesla and the others....until after the deep stock correction 40 to 70%.

Please don't do that. Stay and steer clear of the big five, apple, tesla and the others....until after the deep stock correction 40 to 70%.
That's painting with a pretty broad brush. Tesla is over valued like nothing I've ever seen but the rest of the FAANG stocks shouldn't need a 40-70% correction to be a good deal unless something about their business falls apart.

You think Tesla and Apple will drop 70%? When Apple announces it's electric car program their stock will probably go up 70%.

You think Tesla and Apple will drop 70%? When Apple announces it's electric car program their stock will probably go up 70%.
Apple has no business making an electric car. Most likely a failure. Companies can announce anything...but actually making it takes real planning. Yes, all stocks will correct 40% to 70%, thinking a solid 50% to 60% this time around after the PPT is told to halt operations.

That's painting with a pretty broad brush. Tesla is over valued like nothing I've ever seen but the rest of the FAANG stocks shouldn't need a 40-70% correction to be a good deal unless something about their business falls apart.
Well yeah...65% of the stocks don't need a correction...but when things go bust, all stocks are involved....people will flock out of those FAANG stocks after seeing daily 20..30..40...50% in the red drops...they'll take what they can. You see the Big Boys are controlling all stocks...when they sell...and there's no buyers...it'll crater like a rock. Remember the 1999 peak/2001 crash correction....then the 2007 crash correction...those were big numbers and now, today were long overdue. Re-check your P/E ratios on your favorite companies...they should be around 5 to 12 is good...but beyond 15, risky....no good. There's tons of "quote" good companies people love that have P/E ratios of 30 to 100 even 200 or more...ouch!!! It's what i do for a living...I'm an investor...FAANG's will drop like a rock when the massive correction occurs. It's toppy right now...trading sideways this year 2022.....not going anywhere...so sell out now, stay safe!!! Go into unloved assets during this inflationary period. Trust me...You don't want to be where the crowds are....with overinflated P/E ratios. DYOD...don't listen to me. I do well staying away from the crowds....buying depressed value stocks where everyone already took a beating.

It is important to watch your investment and be active in them if you care about that stuff. There are limits you can put on prices where things will auto sell if it falls or goes up, or buy if it falls or goes up. They are not 100% but could really help. That's the good thing about managing your own stuff. These brokers are not going to sell for you if things start falling.

Apple has no business making an electric car. Most likely a failure. Companies can announce anything...but actually making it takes real planning. Yes, all stocks will correct 40% to 70%, thinking a solid 50% to 60% this time around after the PPT is told to halt operations.
Apple makes really good products and definitely has the cash to hire the best of the best. I'm gonna disagree with you on this. I'm not sure how long or how many vehicles Ford has produced over the years but I've got a 2018 F350 and a 2019 F350 and I've had more problems out of them than any vehicle I've ever owned. Now they're trying to make electric vehicles when they haven't been able to perfect gas or diesel vehicles. I'm gonna say Ford stock will tank over the EV market.

Well yeah...65% of the stocks don't need a correction...but when things go bust, all stocks are involved....people will flock out of those FAANG stocks after seeing daily 20..30..40...50% in the red drops...they'll take what they can. You see the Big Boys are controlling all stocks...when they sell...and there's no buyers...it'll crater like a rock. Remember the 1999 peak/2001 crash correction....then the 2007 crash correction...those were big numbers and now, today were long overdue. Re-check your P/E ratios on your favorite companies...they should be around 5 to 12 is good...but beyond 15, risky....no good. There's tons of "quote" good companies people love that have P/E ratios of 30 to 100 even 200 or more...ouch!!! It's what i do for a living...I'm an investor...FAANG's will drop like a rock when the massive correction occurs. It's toppy right now...trading sideways this year 2022.....not going anywhere...so sell out now, stay safe!!! Go into unloved assets during this inflationary period. Trust me...You don't want to be where the crowds are....with overinflated P/E ratios. DYOD...don't listen to me. I do well staying away from the crowds....buying depressed value stocks where everyone already took a beating.
PPT?

FAANG?

Okay. Give me an example of a good buy right now. I get your logic but wonder if you would ever buy growth

Latest posts