Stihl bar replacement?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":1enlq3lw said:
Husky and oregon bars are identical, in all the ones I've seen the tips are the same, and the number stampings are even the same except for the actual numbers... makes me think Oregon makes them for Husky and puts a different coat of paint on them.

Sure not identical. Oregon are much higher quality. Even store owner admits the Husky bars are not same quality.

Nesikep":rd978j1i said:
Husky and oregon bars are identical, in all the ones I've seen the tips are the same, and the number stampings are even the same except for the actual numbers... makes me think Oregon makes them for Husky and puts a different coat of paint on them.

Husqvarna chain is rebranded Oregon. Would make sense that the bars are too.

Husky and Oregon bars and chains are one in the same. The tips are interchangable and on some of them the husky paint is over top of the oregon paint....

jltrent":212q37jd said:
Nesikep":212q37jd said:
Also Poulan makes a lot of Husky saws. I have rebuilt a lot of them and usually buy Poulan parts as they are cheaper. I read that the re-branded Poulans were their biggest money maker. I am currently rebuilding a nice little Husky 350 1998 model that doesn't have the EPA junk on it. I put an unlimited coil on it and it will flat out run. Just picked up a nice little 141 for $5 and the top end is in great shape, but I will need a burnt out donor cheap. Just rebuilt a 460 and a 450 to like new condition.
Just like Husqvarna lawn equipment has absolutely nothing to do with the chainsaws.. who makes them? MTD? Yardworks? Might as well get a Murray, sure ain't worth any extra

Nesikep":2bible00 said:
jltrent":2bible00 said:
Nesikep":2bible00 said:
Also Poulan makes a lot of Husky saws. I have rebuilt a lot of them and usually buy Poulan parts as they are cheaper. I read that the re-branded Poulans were their biggest money maker. I am currently rebuilding a nice little Husky 350 1998 model that doesn't have the EPA junk on it. I put an unlimited coil on it and it will flat out run. Just picked up a nice little 141 for $5 and the top end is in great shape, but I will need a burnt out donor cheap. Just rebuilt a 460 and a 450 to like new condition.
Just like Husqvarna lawn equipment has absolutely nothing to do with the chainsaws.. who makes them? MTD? Yardworks? Might as well get a Murray, sure ain't worth any extra

Husqvarna and Poulan are owned by Electrolux. They still make their own mowers.

I believe MTD makes/owns Yard Man, Cub Cadet, Bolens, Craftsman, Troy Bilt, Toro and some others.

Briggs and Stratton owns Simplicity, Snapper, Murray, and more.

The husky parts mower we have is a briggs engine, and looks as cheaply built as the next mower.. manual transmission... I'm glad the Murray is the running one, it's way better.

Latest posts