stihl chaisaw

Help Support CattleToday:

papavillars

Reaction score
i cant keep these two stihl chaisaws running.A ms310, and a ms210c. they start then bog down and will not restart. Hopefully Jtrent will see this and give me some help or even if they are worth fooling withi

You've got the right idea but I would take it a step farther and send him a PM.
In the meantime,have there been any changes such as first start of the season,new fuel mix,replaced chain etc?
From my limited knowledge,it could be several things depnding on what the other factors are.

You've got the right idea but I would take it a step farther and send him a PM. . .

. . . or with this new forum platform you should be able to "tag" him so he'll get a notice and come see the question. Just type the @ sign and then start typing the user name. A list will appear where you can choose his name (or you can just type out the whole name without choosing from the list).

1601551497833.png

Two examples of what green energy will do to equipment that is not designed to use it. You have a fuel related problem. Start in the tank with the filter, advance to the fuel line and see if the rubber in it is still okay, then advance to the carburetor (which will probably need new diaphragms, check the rubber impulse line, rubber intake boot and then check the screen in the muffler to see if it is clogged, it will even degrade the oil seals to a point to cause an air leak.. The preacher dropped off a couple chainsaws yesterday to work on and a woman whos dad had been dead for a few years dropped off for work. All three had fuel related problems from green energy. We have mountains of junk green energy has caused, cost people billions and sometimes I wonder if the benefits outweigh the damage it has caused. DO not blame the chainsaws as both of those are good.

Two examples of what green energy will do to equipment that is not designed to use it. You have a fuel related problem. Start in the tank with the filter, advance to the fuel line and see if the rubber in it is still okay, then advance to the carburetor (which will probably need new diaphragms, check the rubber impulse line, rubber intake boot and then check the screen in the muffler to see if it is clogged, it will even degrade the oil seals to a point to cause an air leak.. The preacher dropped off a couple chainsaws yesterday to work on and a woman whos dad had been dead for a few years dropped off for work. All three had fuel related problems from green energy. We have mountains of junk green energy has caused, cost people billions and sometimes I wonder if the benefits outweigh the damage it has caused. DO not blame the chainsaws as both of those are good.
Will 100% use of ethanol free gasoline eliminate the problems or is it more than just that?

thanks for the replies. Jtrent , i know now where to start. Odd thing is because i couldnt cut wood I decided to shred some pasture . the tractor also bogged down. so now i am in the process of removing the fuel tank and flushing the fuel line.

Latest posts