State of your state

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
We've all heard or read about last night's State of the Union. My question is what's the state of your State?
Here in the Mountain State it's cold and windy with continued high gas prices ($2.18 reg / $2.58 diesel). Feeder cattle prices continue soft but the cow market isn't too bad.

Without going into a gray area frowned on by the mods. I'll just say that like normal I did watch the State of the Union Address.

I found it entertaining to say the least.

Rick Perry was re-elected...so the state of my state will probably remain status quo.

Alice

We are still getting diluted every day from thousands crossing the Red River. Still got a few swimming the Rio Grand but most of them go home eventually.

There is a bright object in the southern sky. I am not sure what it is but it feels like it gives off warmth. Gas is still $2.60 reg. But there is no rain in the forecast so things are looking up.

Dave

Pretty warm up here to Dave. Would be nice if this stuck for a while. Gas $2.19, diesel $2.53, good pairs for $800.00.
CW

We cant get rid of the rain here. Right now the only vehicle that can make it up to the house are the 4 wheelers. Trucks get parked by the county road almost half a mile down. Cant get rid of the cold either. Fortunately all of the ice is long gone, but its still too cold.

Gas is costing me $1.95 per gallon for regular.

Got pounded with rain Dec and early Jan, made everything very muddy and difficult. Finally got cold (normal) and the ground is freezing, so life is better. Gas was 1.80, now it's back to 2.18

Earl Thigpen":12v9kwez said:
Alice":12v9kwez said:
Rick Perry was re-elected...so the state of my state will probably remain status quo.

Alice

Much to my chagrin. What a dud.

But better than the other choices.

I think Ann Richards put the fear in everyone. Never again take a chance of getting someone like that elected.

backhoeboogie":2zezg12r said:
Earl Thigpen":2zezg12r said:
Alice":2zezg12r said:

Alice

Much to my chagrin. What a dud.

But better than the other choices.

I think Ann Richards put the fear in everyone. Never again take a chance of getting someone like that elected.

I'd take Ann back in a heartbeat...if she still had one... :(

Alice

Alice":1dnxsnmb said:
I'd take Ann back in a heartbeat...if she still had one... :(

Alice

Alice, I believe you. She would never have another chance.

What is amazing is that she attained over 30 percent of the vote in her defeat to Bush.

Latest posts