how is record numbers of beef export good for us with the state of the economy

Help Support CattleToday:

not really..they suck now..but how can the prices at the store be justified when we have beef to export...flood the market and drive down the prices...oh duh..cant screw the producer that way..my bad..theres a glut of cattle in the market....prices are gonna get worse..drought heat bad weather in the midwest anf northeast....everyoen dumping cattle they cant afford

$1 mrkt cows and $1.50 fat cattle don't sound bad to me. As long as the U.S. consumers keep buying beef and exports stay high, I don't see the market going down any time soon.
a lot of the drought cows going to mrkt will never be replaced. Ranchers are to close to retirement. That is freeing up future shackle space.

This year will be easy money for anyone with grass. The packers are paying more for fats so supply demand is working some. It's probably not as efficient a market as it should be, but it's clearly working.

The meat supply chain is different than the cattle supply chain, so I doubt meat and cattle are supposed to be directly proportionate.

What's the problem?

We export a lot of meat products that are not in demand here.

Latest posts