State line

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I had to go to New Plymouth Idaho this morning for some grass seed. I also had some things which I normally get at D&B Supply in Baker which is the opposite direction. But there is a D&B in Ontario. Ontario sits on the the state line. The Snake River is the border. Ontario, Oregon is on the west side of the river and Fruitland, Idaho is on the east side. I had to go through both to get to New Plymouth. I stopped at D&B first. The parking lot is full. And at least 75% of the vehicles have Idaho plates. Hmmmmm There are D&B stores in Idaho. But there is sales tax in Idaho and no sales tax in Oregon. After getting my grass seed I stop in Fruitland to fuel up. Diesel right now is $0.60 cheaper in Idaho than across the river in Oregon less than a mile away. About half the vehicles there getting fuel had Oregon plates. And it is all just depends on which side of the river you are on.

I stopped at the truck stop at Farewell Bend this morning to use the rest room. Diesel was $0.90 more than what I paid yesterday in Fruitland which is less than 30 miles away. Farewell Bend is where the Oregon Trail left the Snake river. Just look across the river and you are looking at Idaho. Glad I didn't need fuel.

Latest posts