Starting shots today

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":g54s2p0x said:
Rocket - You did great!!! her head looks good - didn't distort it.
Eat Beef - I totally understand what you are trying to say. I don't like to PR someone else's farm - we never (well shouldn't say NEVER) -- we rarely show anything that isn't our prefix. But, I'm looking at this as an income maker. She has national recognition & is saleable.

Well, I would have thought you would have noticed I added a little color to the sign and took some of the glare off. Now I'm disappointed. :lol:

I did notice that - first thing, but then I saw you erased around her face. How did you do that? I tried to "fill" the color with no success. This PhotoShop is much more complicated than my old program (that I lost). The old program was really cut & dry - this is way too hard!! too many options. I have the book "Teach Yourself Visually" but I need someone to explain the book :shock:
Oh (light just went off) - were you able to "lasso" that section & "Brighten/Lighten" just that section? I didn't think about that til just now. I know that program can do wonders, just don't know if I'll master it. Don't work with it often enough. I finally figure something out - then the next time --- gone from my brain!

Jeanne - Simme Valley":32scx0p7 said:
I did notice that - first thing, but then I saw you erased around her face. How did you do that? I tried to "fill" the color with no success. This PhotoShop is much more complicated than my old program (that I lost). The old program was really cut & dry - this is way too hard!! too many options. I have the book "Teach Yourself Visually" but I need someone to explain the book :shock:
Oh (light just went off) - were you able to "lasso" that section & "Brighten/Lighten" just that section? I didn't think about that til just now. I know that program can do wonders, just don't know if I'll master it. Don't work with it often enough. I finally figure something out - then the next time --- gone from my brain!

I've no idea about Photoshop, I've never used it. I have a program I got free with a printer back when windows 3.1 was the latest and greatest, I've been copying the program on to each new computer ever since. Had a little problem copying it on to this computer, I think because of the 64 bit OS. Changed the disk drive so the computer thinks it's another hard drive and it copied the program to my hard drive, Windows still say's there a conflict, but the program works, so what the heck. It's really basic, hard to draw lines with, but it's free. :clap: I did try to update it when I got this new computer, but they don't make the program any more, and don't offer updates for it either, it's so old :shock: :)

I appreciate all the nice comments. If nothing else, Ken & I have a good eye for good ones!

Rocket - I can't believe it - that's exactly what I've been doing - well almost, my FREE program was on a "Big Foot" hard drive (came with my very first computer) & I kept having it put into the next computer as an extra hard drive - but the drive itself actually "died". Couldn't salvage the program. It was
I-Photo - I've tried to get updates or buy new - can't find.

alacattleman - not sure what you mean - I'm "assuming" you mean it won't attract PB breeders looking for embryos. And that, normal cattlemen with a good eye will like the c/c pic????
It's just not "flashy" for a pic in a sale catalog. You know how gorgeous those donor cows look - and she will be in catalogs with a lot of other donors.

Good cow, but I think you should take more pics with less busy backgrounds for promotional purposes.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2g0985at said:
I appreciate all the nice comments. If nothing else, Ken & I have a good eye for good ones!

Rocket - I can't believe it - that's exactly what I've been doing - well almost, my FREE program was on a "Big Foot" hard drive (came with my very first computer) & I kept having it put into the next computer as an extra hard drive - but the drive itself actually "died". Couldn't salvage the program. It was
I-Photo - I've tried to get updates or buy new - can't find.

alacattleman - not sure what you mean - I'm "assuming" you mean it won't attract PB breeders looking for embryos. And that, normal cattlemen with a good eye will like the c/c pic????
It's just not "flashy" for a pic in a sale catalog. You know how gorgeous those donor cows look - and she will be in catalogs with a lot of other donors.
you'd think that would be the very picture they would want too see,, the big pay off,,,,she is a fantastic looker though none the less :cowboy:

OK - we had 18 pictures taken.
Knersie - how do you like this one? This was actually the first pic taken.
Gina_3102_pix.jpg

Better, but not quite yet. I think the photographer was too close to the cow. I believe you get a more realistic photo if you are further away and zoom in, its a pity the cow's head isn't above the tree line.

KNERSIE":3fdacxsx said:
Better, but not quite yet. I think the photographer was too close to the cow. I believe you get a more realistic photo if you are further away and zoom in, its a pity the cow's head isn't above the tree line.
I agree, Knersie, AND - she is standing with her front feet lower than her hind feet. All in all, not too much to criticize in a strong manner! Phenotype only. If every heifer that she would produce would be a duplicate of her, you could have a very uniform cow herd. THEN - the bulls to be used on her would come into a strong stage of analysis, in EVERY aspect and trait.

DOC HARRIS

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1kj83cqh said:
I'm just going to have to have you come on out here & help me out. Would you be willing to do that??

Send me the plane ticket and I'll be there ready with a camera on Thursday morning!

I've always made it a point to not alter pics I post on here, although I used to take fly's of their faces and remove cow pie's sometimes, now I don't do either, I have fly's in the summer and my cows poop, :) I'm not trying to sell something so who cares. However, I understand what you want to do, so if I can help you "fix" a pic, let me know. If you want to lose the tree line I could do that, a bigger pic with more pixels would let me do a nicer job.

KNERSIE":u4hezpbf said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":u4hezpbf said:
I'm just going to have to have you come on out here & help me out. Would you be willing to do that??

Send me the plane ticket and I'll be there ready with a camera on Thursday morning!
:clap: :clap: Man, if I could afford that, you'd be here in a heartbeat :banana: Would love to have you visit - open invitation if you ever come to the US.

Rockett - that was such a nice offer. I appreciate that. Yes, these pics have lower pixels so people can open them better.

alftn":3li0trtj said:
They sure look like Black Angus, They are beautiful....
Thanks!! :lol2: except for the big ears & big bag & maybe big butt - but the color is right! :lol2:
Well, we're down to the last two shots. She's been an angel. She's very hard to "herd" by herself anywhere. Easier to just put a halter on her & lead her. We've been giving her a "treat" in the chute.

Well they look far more like Beef cattle than the Spotted cows thay were 20 or so years ago. They look alot more angus than the Simms they are .........I saw a herd of Simms a man has had going for fifty, would not know his and yours are the same breed....His looked like Holstiens...Yours looks much more better....

Latest posts