Snapped a few today

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We worked calves through for the first time this week. We do it at around 3 months drench, PI test dna and tattoo this makes weaning work go a bit smoother for us. The boss likes to get the tattoo work done ahead of weaning I like getting DNA pulled so I have ET and AI calves verified before submitting them for registration. We do the PI snip which bleeds and makes DNA easy to get. While working I managed to snap a few photos.E5814C23-C0BC-4226-A68F-79E85190267E.jpegin this photo the big bull is our senior herd sire he is a 5 year old the smaller bull is a two year old we have on heifers.
DFA5EDD2-6DF8-43B3-8403-24E65F5FB92F.jpeg
Another shot of the older bull with his girls behind him it was their calves we were working which is why you don't see any babies.
10281A8D-5C88-4D15-B3B1-37899E2CF1DE.jpeg
We have daughters out of 1701 in production and they do not disappoint he is a big boy and I worry that his size is going to be the end of him but so far he has stayed sound.

What's the younger bull Ms Debbie ?
He is a Charlo son out of a double bred Bridget cow reg#18472551 she is probably the best uddered cow on the farm and Charlo throws excellent udder quality as well. So far his calves from last year all look really good so thinking he is going to be a good influence on the herd

883BED20-1AA3-48C4-8534-ABBFFBB872C8.png
Yes sir in fact a sleep all night heifer bull! I love the Charlo genetics he did a whole lot right. He isn't the perfect bull he can throw some attitude but I can make freezer beef out of bad attitudes and he can knock off frame but makes up for that in muscle mass so I'm not sacrificing pounds. I still believe the females will be his lasting legacy they are sure nuff good.

Just seeing this . Seems like I had read or heard bad things about his birth weights . My bull has Charlo in his pedigree . Wasn't planning on breeding him to my heifers till I see some calves out of him . But that encourages me !

Latest posts