SS objective calves

Help Support CattleToday:

polledbull

Reaction score
I was wanting some input on the performance of SS Objective calves and what you all think him, and what to expect from the calves ?

I never liked the calves, not enough performance ande Objective is a very small framed bull.

THG

The ones I have seen have left a lot to be desired. They seem to be small framed, bad hind leg structure, and a pinched top behind the front shoulders. I won't use him.

I have 2 SS Objective calves. One bull and one hiefer. They are almost 4 months old and doing just fine. They were real low birth weights the bull was75 and the hiefer was 60. Both were out of hiefers. The bull will be my herd bull next year since we have sold most of the bulls. I personlly would take a whole herd of his calves. Hope this helps.

No wonder some folks get bad advice.

The bull is in the top 1% of the Angus breed by a wide margin for WW and YW, and we are told they don't grow enough?

So what if he is small framed? He's not, BTW. If his growth is high and based on his progeny, then his own size doesn't matter.

Ridiculous. Amatuers.

mtnman

mtnman,

The calves I have seen out of him have had great yearling weights but they do not have enough frame in my opinion. Maybe the females these calves were out of were small but I highly doubt it ..... the calves were at Goode Angus in Pampa, TX and Dreamcatcher in San Marcos. I personally just do not care for his progeny. The females I have seen go on to make fairly nice cows but they are somewhat weak topped. I have only seen about 50 bulls and 25 heifers at three different ranches. I made the 8 hour trip to Goode to buy a couple Objective heifers and ended up coming home with an empty trailer last spring.

In December Quaker Hill will be selling some Objective lineage. I would check them out. Quaker Hill also has a AI stud Quaker Hill Objective. The problem with most of the catalogs is they dont give front and rear shots. You can go on ABS website and they give you an idea of his width, lenth and heigth. They dont include that info in the catalog. When I am really interested in a bull. I contact the owner. Most of these folks are great. I ask them for pictures of the progeny and the specs on the bull. I contacted Hoover Angus about TC Grid Iron and they gave me pictures of the progeny and information on him. I have made the decision to use him. Objective has freakish numbers. I dont like his look.

We have a good number of Objectives. 1 is old enough to be in our sale as a 15 month old. We have quite a few more that were just born this fall. From what I have seen, If you breed them to a traditional type of cow (moderate frame, good muscle and scrotal) you will get an average framed, average muscled high performance animal. breed him to modern carcass type cows and you will end up with some narrow butted ugly animals.

Latest posts