Spring Breeding, What's Everyone Using?

Help Support CattleToday:

Not breeding anything just flushing donor cow.
Connealy National
Deer Valley Unique
Baldridge Alternative
Baldridge beast mode
Deer valley Wall Street.
Have any beast mode calves from prior years? Any pictures if so?

I don't. But his epd set is very good, y69 speaks for herself and ppl I've asked give good reviews on him.
Agreed, numbers on prophet sons are usually pretty great, just curious how his calves look. We went pretty heavy on the Y69 influence with AI last year. Bred all heifers to Endeavor and some reg. cows to Flagstone. Should have several on the ground in about a month. Been using baldridge bulls natural service for the last decade and it has done very well for us.

For our purebred Black Angus herd:
Hoover Dam
S S Niagara
SAV Raindance (female sexed semen)
MGR Treasure (calving ease option for heifers)
MOGCK Entice

We are mid summer here of course but one bull I won't be using next spring is Sitz Stellar, I used 14 straws and don't believe I got any pregnancies. My semen distributer is picking the remaining 6 up next time he is down to service my tank and will have one tested. He says there are no reports of them being bad but I certainly won't be putting any more in, he can have them for free and sell them to someone else if he is that confident they are good. Other bulls I used seemed to produce my usual 60% plus conception rate and they included DB Iconic, Sterling Pacific and 44 Brigade. I have quite a few Iconics on the ground from last year around 5-6 months of age and they are growing very well. I'll probably get some photos in the next week or so. I will be getting them in very soon as I have a few to castrate. I only want to develop 6 bull calves to sell as yearlings and 1 for myself this year but am having a torrid time choosing. I think any of them would develop into attractive bulls by next September.

Ken

These are all full blood Wagyu straws. Most are Japanese black and some are red Akaushi.
Mayura L0010, Suzutani, Michifuku, Arubial Bond, M6 Itogenami, Rueshaw, Brady, Haruki 2, Takamichi Doi, Shigeshigetani, Peppermill Grove.
Well that's a mouthful.

We are mid summer here of course but one bull I won't be using next spring is Sitz Stellar, I used 14 straws and don't believe I got any pregnancies. My semen distributer is picking the remaining 6 up next time he is down to service my tank and will have one tested. He says there are no reports of them being bad but I certainly won't be putting any more in, he can have them for free and sell them to someone else if he is that confident they are good. Other bulls I used seemed to produce my usual 60% plus conception rate and they included DB Iconic, Sterling Pacific and 44 Brigade. I have quite a few Iconics on the ground from last year around 5-6 months of age and they are growing very well. I'll probably get some photos in the next week or so. I will be getting them in very soon as I have a few to castrate. I only want to develop 6 bull calves to sell as yearlings and 1 for myself this year but am having a torrid time choosing. I think any of them would develop into attractive bulls by next September.

Ken
Post good pictures of the ones you are questioning.

I haven't bought any yet but I'm considering: pine view preference, poss tenderloin, riverbend promontory.

Calves from this year that I like. Peak dot Trust has give me some nice heifers. SAV supercharger has a couple good ones. Resource I need to use more carefully because he takes down the frame size too much for my liking. And probably my best bull is from a simmental bull wescott on an angus cow.

We sampled several sires in 22. Will see what the results is before using most again. Plan to use up what is left in my tank first. Have a few straws of Bloodline,Double Decker and Drag Iron to use. Have used Stock Fund on heifers in 21 & 22. Unless we have issues will use him again on everything but his daughters. Haven't settled on a sire for them. Bought some Iconic semen on the advice of a breeder. Then saw a son in person that was bought at the Congress. Hope he was an outlier and not the normal. Will do research before deciding what to use it on. Planning on using Vanguard and possibly KR Quality.