spot spray from this morning 630am

Help Support CattleToday:

1 1/2 gallon sprayer 10 oz of regular 2,4,d and about 6 oz of cheap dish detergent from dollar tree LOL Most people only use about a oz per gallon not me when I spray it I want it to die.. I saw a few today :lol2: I sprayed some thistles today too but didn't feel like walking all the way to the back and checking them out I may do that in the morning.

I will keep you updated but when I spray them they usually get black and rot off and don't come back this growing season but next year they typically will s how their ugly head.

Deepsouth":i81x9mfx said:
skyhightree1":i81x9mfx said:
I will keep you updated but when I spray them they usually get black and rot off and don't come back this growing season but next year they typically will s how their ugly head.

That's what I meant.

oh :lol2: sorry thought you meant come back after spraying them this year. lol I HATE WEEDS I will spray my neighbors fields cause I hate seeing them.

Weeds are a never ending battle. Our warehouse will mix 2-4 D with the fertilizer, seems to work alright. Just need to do it every year, and I don't. :dunce:

highgrit":16fs5klm said:
Weeds are a never ending battle. Our warehouse will mix 2-4 D with the fertilizer, seems to work alright. Just need to do it every year, and I don't. :dunce:

I decided to let my clover live and go to seed this year and not spray and im really paying for it. If weeds get any worse I will spray the whole place. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone that way is nice I only use granular fertilizer on the fields mostly.

highgrit":3dlv0g9d said:

Man.. truer words were never spoken. They are a never ending battle.. but its just part of raising cattle.. being a grass farmer too.

dieselbeef":2f9c9lww said:
how bout salt water. ever use it for fencelines or dog fennels?

No I have never used it I would worry about the salt water getting on fencing and making it start rusting sooner than it would without salt being added to the mix in regards to fence lines. I never thought about it while spot spraying how well does it work?

havent tried i9t yet but what iove read it seems to do well. soon as the rain slows a little im gonna try it on the fencelines

dieselbeef":2cuijab1 said:
havent tried i9t yet but what iove read it seems to do well. soon as the rain slows a little im gonna try it on the fencelines

Please let me know how it does I wouldnt be opposed to use in a field but I wouldnt near my fencing. I wonder how long it would take to kill weeds. I have one spot that mares tail weeds love to grow its not part of a pasture just on a trail that I thought about taking the salt tabs you put in a well and dumping all over that area and it should kill them permanently.

salt will work. I use it around the post on the split rail fence in my front yard. I used loose livestock salt and put about a cup around each post it will kill everything out about 10 inches.

M5farm":2butvvqc said:
salt will work. I use it around the post on the split rail fence in my front yard. I used loose livestock salt and put about a cup around each post it will kill everything out about 10 inches.

Thats good to know thanks. I may even try it on some poison oak in the woods just to see what happens.

Arouind here we've battled a small spot of morning glory for years, I think we might have it beat now... Thistles and burdock are never ending. Seen a bit of clover dodder, man that stuff is nasty!. Whenever I've spotted it I took a tiger torch and burnt a 3 foot area to a crisp, if that stuff would take off you could just move out. we have a bit of bindweed, but that's not too bad, and the usual wild mustard and radish, dandelion, etc

What is the mix of salt to water that you are using on the fence lines. Sounds like a great idea, I am going to try it.

i use a cup to 25 gallons. google it there is alotta info on it. i use pool salt. its very fine . also can just sprinkle it but you use tons more

Latest posts