Speaking of fence chargers

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve":mxeoa9a6 said:
dun":mxeoa9a6 said:
Stocker Steve":mxeoa9a6 said:
What do you use for about a mile of fence with 2 years worth of reed canary hanging on it?
I have honeysuckle and blackberrys (with an occasional mess of MFR) on mine. I use either a Gallagher M800 (110) or a ParMak Magnum 12 (12 volt)

I have a ParMak (not Magum) on the other place. It was the only ParMak my farm store carried. It is about 6 years old and was knocked out twice but the service was very good.

Is Magum a newer model?
Don;t know how new it is. One is about 4 years old the other is about 3 months old. Same unit with couple of visual differences.
http://www.parmakusa.com/old_files/magnum.htm
Valley Vet has them for around 80 bucks

dun":2m9i5g26 said:
Has anyone had any dealings with Stafix chargers, good or bad?

Thanks

Lightning hit the M800?

We've had a M1000 hit twice in less than 2 months. First time it was to the tune of $160 for a new module. Next time it was $430 worth, fried the whole dam thing. Not real impressed with the M1000's, got 3 of them now and they're nowhere near the box as my old M800.

cfpinz":44ndjoxm said:
dun":44ndjoxm said:
Has anyone had any dealings with Stafix chargers, good or bad?

Thanks

Lightning hit the M800?

We've had a M1000 hit twice in less than 2 months. First time it was to the tune of $160 for a new module. Next time it was $430 worth, fried the whole dam thing. Not real impressed with the M1000's, got 3 of them now and they're nowhere near the box as my old M800.
Nope, it's still going strong. I just need more battery jobs to graze some places that we don;t ever graze. Got 4 of them set up now and really need a 5th one

Latest posts