Soybean price drop

Help Support CattleToday:

You take your lumps like a man, not cry for a hand out. Stuff happens all the time and most just suck it up and move on. Did anyone bale you out when COOL didn't pass? How about NAFTA? A sheet of 5' x 10' x 3/16" aluminum went up $65.00 in the last 3 months. It's no big deal I'm happy to pay more if it's going to help the US of A out in the long run. And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out. I thought you were a fiscal conservative?

True Grit Farms":1das24fj said:
You take your lumps like a man, not cry for a hand out. Stuff happens all the time and most just suck it up and move on. Did anyone bale you out when COOL didn't pass? How about NAFTA? A sheet of 5' x 10' x 3/16" aluminum went up $65.00 in the last 3 months. It's no big deal I'm happy to pay more if it's going to help the US of A out in the long run. And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out. I thought you were a fiscal conservative?

Yet you drive a Dodge Ram.

Auto company bailouts are exempt in your world I suppose?

Yep that works great, borrowing your way out of debt. I guess the farmers can always file for bankruptcy after receiving the loans. It worked good for our fearless leader.

True Grit Farms":2hkf3scn said:
Yep that works great, borrowing your way out of debt. I guess the farmers can always file for bankruptcy after receiving the loans. It worked good for our fearless leader.

IF you ever get in the same position you'll be at the bankruptcy lawyers office before daylight to start the paperwork for your Chapter 7.

TexasBred":cs6ldf1y said:
True Grit Farms":cs6ldf1y said:

IF you ever get in the same position you'll be at the bankruptcy lawyers office before daylight to start the paperwork for your Chapter 7.
Your full of crap on this one TB. I'm not into raping the government even though it's like taking candy from a baby. As a commercial fishermen I've been screwed by government regulations since 1982. MAGA

Boat builders around the USA, hog farmers in Ohio, whiskey makers in Kentucky, coal miners every where, petroleum producers in Texas. This list could go on and on. Other countries will take on the market left by the tariffs and it will become a permanent between them and China. IBM will be moving and setting up in the EU area because of the tariffs 13500 employees reported. Could be that feed costs for livestock producers will come down as other cost inputs we have should make selling our $75 cwt calves sustainable.

True Grit Farms":1iooawta said:
sstterry":1iooawta said:
True Grit Farms":1iooawta said:
And I feel were heading in the right direction myself. It's hard to cut spending when you keep bailing people out.

Or spending 10's of millions of dollars on Golf Trips........
Easy now that's hitting close to home.
:D

hurleyjd":1jhmupvp said:
Boat builders around the USA, hog farmers in Ohio, whiskey makers in Kentucky, coal miners every where, petroleum producers in Texas. This list could go on and on. Other countries will take on the market left by the tariffs and it will become a permanent between them and China. IBM will be moving and setting up in the EU area because of the tariffs 13500 employees reported. Could be that feed costs for livestock producers will come down as other cost inputs we have should make selling our $75 cwt calves sustainable.
Sustainable? We were on the path to destruction " communism " the ship is still sinking but the bilge pumps are working.

hurleyjd":2kwk82h4 said:
Other countries will take on the market left by the tariffs and it will become a permanent between them and China.

Yes, there will be changes. Perhaps we will ship beans to South America... Yes, there will be winners and losers. Northern Minnesota iron mines could be one of the winners.

I think the underlying issue is most of the benefits from "free trade" have gone to the elites with capital to invest.

Stocker Steve":2yrbjydm said:
hurleyjd":2yrbjydm said:
Other countries will take on the market left by the tariffs and it will become a permanent between them and China.

Yes, there will be changes. Perhaps we will ship beans to South America... Yes, there will be winners and losers. Northern Minnesota iron mines could be one of the winners.

I think the underlying issue is most of the benefits from "free trade" have gone to the elites with capital to invest.
Trying to play the nice rich guy the other countries took advantage of US. No different than the sports hoodlums and loto winners for the most part.

True Grit Farms":35jjv5o9 said:
Trying to play the nice rich guy the other countries took advantage of US. No different than the sports hoodlums and loto winners for the most part.

No matter which country you are in there will be those that feel taken advantage of.

Silver":1jb28d7g said:
True Grit Farms":1jb28d7g said:

No matter which country you are in there will be those that feel taken advantage of.
Canada is hard to deal with in the agricultural and seafood industry. The US doesn't need the wood, seafood or beef we have plenty of our own. But the Canadians bring their money south in the winter and spend it, then head back north. Canada also doesn't cause any immigration issues, because there's no .... hole countries north of them. I think we can work our differences out with Canada, but screw Mexico and the illegals that travel through Mexico to get here.

True Grit Farms":rnjbyf0k said:
Silver":rnjbyf0k said:
True Grit Farms":rnjbyf0k said:

Canada is hard to deal with in the agricultural and seafood industry. The US doesn't need the wood, seafood or beef we have plenty of our own. But the Canadians bring their money south in the winter and spend it, then head back north. Canada also doesn't cause any immigration issues, because there's no .... hole countries north of them. I think we can work our differences out with Canada, but screw Mexico and the illegals that travel through Mexico to get here.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/boat ... 47474.html

True Grit Farms":2jv7jvt9 said:
Silver":2jv7jvt9 said:
True Grit Farms":2jv7jvt9 said:

yes they have plenty of immigration issues ssince they allow pretty much anyone in.. they go there because they can't get into the US.. then the plan is to get into the US.. which they do.

True Grit Farms":3uj1jfhl said:
TexasBred":3uj1jfhl said:
True Grit Farms":3uj1jfhl said:

Your full of crap on this one TB. I'm not into raping the government even though it's like taking candy from a baby. As a commercial fishermen I've been screwed by government regulations since 1982. MAGA
Heard this before Grit. You never really know how you'll respond until you're faced with it.

True Grit Farms":3g4yd0dy said:
hurleyjd":3g4yd0dy said:
Sustainable? We were on the path to destruction " communism " the ship is still sinking but the bilge pumps are working.
Which would be better communism or fascism. Which are we closet to here in America.

Latest posts