South Texas Farm & Ranch Show, Victoria TX & traveling

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie

Reaction score
I've been on the road with the cow quite a bit. Right now we are at the South Texas Farm and Ranch Show for two days for the school program, "Pasture to Plate." I always enjoy it. The commercial exhibits were good this year. I finally saw a Callicrate Bander demonstrated in person (on a Sharpie pen). It is pretty neat, but it is hard to justify the price when one has a few calves like us.

A few pics I took today.

I want this tractor. It is actually red.

C360_2014-10-22-10-59-33-691-M.jpg

I really really enjoy the small engines and hope to own one someday. I love listening to them.

C360_2014-10-22-11-05-36-227-L.jpg

and my charge, Coco. This is the milk cow that I wrangle. ;-) She is a two year old Norwegian Red x Jersey cross.

C360_2014-10-22-12-59-05-110-M.jpg

We were at the Calhoun County Fair in Port Lavaca last week.

A young woman with a toddler on her hip and her husband were watching me hay the cow in the evening. She told her child, "Look at the horsie honey."
The dad said, "It's a cow."
The mother replied, "I didn't know what you called it."

I just shook my head.

Thanks for looking.

I hope you are having a fantastic time Chippie travelling all over with Coco. I would love to see a better (full) pic of her . :D 7

I like that pretty read tractor too ! :tiphat:

Keep posting the pics of your adventures :wave:

chippie":ieweb6rw said:
I've been on the road with the cow quite a bit. Right now we are at the South Texas Farm and Ranch Show for two days for the school program, "Pasture to Plate." I always enjoy it. The commercial exhibits were good this year. I finally saw a Callicrate Bander demonstrated in person (on a Sharpie pen). It is pretty neat, but it is hard to justify the price when one has a few calves like us.

A few pics I took today.

I want this tractor. It is actually red.

C360_2014-10-22-10-59-33-691-M.jpg

I really really enjoy the small engines and hope to own one someday. I love listening to them.

C360_2014-10-22-11-05-36-227-L.jpg

and my charge, Coco. This is the milk cow that I wrangle. ;-) She is a two year old Norwegian Red x Jersey cross.

C360_2014-10-22-12-59-05-110-M.jpg

We were at the Calhoun County Fair in Port Lavaca last week.

A young woman with a toddler on her hip and her husband were watching me hay the cow in the evening. She told her child, "Look at the horsie honey."

I just shook my head.

Thanks for looking.

Dang, Wish I had kept up with events like this. Sounds like it is a good one.

Sounds like fun Chippie! The tractors and the chuggers are some of my favorites also.
Please have someone take your pic doing your thing with Coco!

Love the Farmall. Saw one for sale a few weeks ago. It was in mint condition and the price was right. I wanted to buy it but was busy and decided I'd drop by later that day and do some serious talking. When I returned it was already sold. Making hay when the sun is shining came to mind for some reason. :bang:

chippie":2ztaf5ct said:

I just shook my head.

Thanks for looking.

Here's the answer, Chippie. Hope you have having a good time.

Latest posts