Source for good, inexpensive alley scales

Help Support CattleToday:

WichitaLineMan

Reaction score
Tired of hauling cattle to weigh them. Anybody got a source for some inexpensive single animal alley scales to weigh cows and calves? TIA

If there is a farmfest locally coming up you might get a set up there at a good price. Sems that a lot of time they don;t want to have to haul stuff back home and will discount the snot out of it. A copule of years ago I got a portable chute/scale setup with Trutest loadbars and indicator for what the next cheapest guy wanted for just the scale and loadbars

WichitaLineMan":2dr8lktg said:
Tired of hauling cattle to weigh them. Anybody got a source for some inexpensive single animal alley scales to weigh cows and calves? TIA

That place that sells livestock equipment on the west side of 287 near Bowie had a competitive price on them when I was looking a few years back.

George

I was in the same boat about 3-4 years ago and did a search on ebay for livestock scales. I think the weigh bars and indicator ran 500-600 bucks. I mounted it under the chute. Seems to work as well as the neighbors $1,700 one.

WichitaLineMan":9hibnngn said:

define: "inexpensive"

Latest posts