son being deployed

Help Support CattleToday:

lilcowgirl

Reaction score
Well, this is for all the young people in Iraq, for all that they are doing and for all the loved ones they have left behind, for their sacrifices that they are making I am allowed to continue life as I know it without restrictions, may our Lord and Saviour be with them all. I am so proud to say that I'm the mother of a United States Air Force Airman 1st Class.

Wish him luck for me and know that he is in all our prayers. It takes a lot of courage to volunteer.

My son and his Guard Unit left last week for two months training in Mississippi before deploying to Iraq in September. As hard as it is for parents to say goodbye, I couldn't help but notice all the young fathers saying goodbye to their wives and children. It must be so hard to leave a family that depends on you, to leave small children knowing that you will forever miss a part of their childhood, to leave a young wife to manage everything on her own. I pray for the safe and speedy return of lilcowgirl's son, my son, and all these brave young people who are giving up so much for us.

3MR":25x1abhe said:
Uhg. Camp Shelby, MS, most miserable time of my life.

I'm told the heat, humidity, and chiggers add a lot of charactor to the place. ;-)

I was out with the cows when my son called home a couple of nights ago but he told my wife they were sleeping in tents. Not much training yet, mostly paperwork and vaccinations so far.

Hasbeen":3gjtj3dj said:
3MR":3gjtj3dj said:
Uhg. Camp Shelby, MS, most miserable time of my life.

I'm told the heat, humidity, and chiggers add a lot of charactor to the place. ;-)

I was out with the cows when my son called home a couple of nights ago but he told my wife they were sleeping in tents. Not much training yet, mostly paperwork and vaccinations so far.

I remember getting out of the shower and sweating faster than I could dry off.

lilcowgirl":1kb5x4xk said:
Well, this is for all the young people in Iraq, for all that they are doing and for all the loved ones they have left behind, for their sacrifices that they are making I am allowed to continue life as I know it without restrictions, may our Lord and Saviour be with them all. I am so proud to say that I'm the mother of a United States Air Force Airman 1st Class.

Rest assured that you are not the only one proud of your son! The rest of us share your pride also!!!

Your son doesn't know me from Adam but please tell him that I said THANK YOU! Thats what makes what he is doing so GREAT. The fact that he is willing to defend you, me and every other American, wether he knows them or not.

I bet it is hard on you and your family but just remember he is doing one of the most honorable things a human being can do. BE PROUD OF HIM.

I AM.

:heart:

Our thoughts and prayers are with all the deployed daily, we will add your son to our list.
My feelings about my service are best summed up by Sir Peter Ustinov describing his time in the British army in WW2;
I hated every minute of it, but wouldn't have missed it for the world! ;-)

lilcowgirl":2c5ursvq said:
thanks to all for your replies, it does my heart good, and for all those who have served or are serving again THANK YOU!

lilcowgirl, what does your Airman do? My son is in his 8th year in the Air Force, he's in communications, computer network administration. He was in Iraq in 2003. Prayers are made for our servicemen all the time from our community.

he is in financial mgmt, pretty word for customer service, now stationed in Mt. Home, Idaho. Expecting his first child in Dec. that's gonna be tough on her. I think that sometimes we take for granted what we have until one of our loved ones go off to defend it.

lilcowgirl":13n48j28 said:
he is in financial mgmt, pretty word for customer service, now stationed in Mt. Home, Idaho. Expecting his first child in Dec. that's gonna be tough on her. I think that sometimes we take for granted what we have until one of our loved ones go off to defend it.
Well, extra prayers for his wife and child. Our son is the custodial parent of his son. During deployments and weeks of training our grandson stayed with us. He was back and forth until a year and a half ago, since then he's been with us. It was hard on our grandson going back and forth; he'll go back to dad when he's out of the service. I hate knowing how much our son misses out on in his son's life. He'll be seven in a week.
Tell your son to concentrate on his job while he's deployed. It's the best way to get through it.

Latest posts