After many years of being beaten on and abused.....

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
........it couldn't take it anymore........

2XRDlfY.jpg

jltrent":2dwcnrj0 said:

2XRDlfY.jpg

When I saw the title, first thought was on another subject then thought no somebody might be getting a new tractor :hide: . On a serious note that last hammer strike could have hurt some knuckles.

Ky hills":12ika3z5 said:
jltrent":12ika3z5 said:

2XRDlfY.jpg

When I saw the title, first thought was on another subject then thought no somebody might be getting a new tractor :hide: . On a serious note that last hammer strike could have hurt some knuckles.

It went flying and I didn't know what it was, as my son dug around in the weeds/grass and found it, then I looked at the hammer. Yesterday baled over 200 5x5 bales, but in the time of it, the rake tore up, tedder tore up, and was trying to fix them and had to go get another hammer.

jltrent":2ll94keg said:
Ky hills":2ll94keg said:
jltrent":2ll94keg said:

2XRDlfY.jpg

It went flying and I didn't know what it was, as my son dug around in the weeds/grass and found it, then I looked at the hammer. Yesterday baled over 200 5x5 bales, but in the time of it, the rake tore up, tedder tore up, and was trying to fix them and had to go get another hammer.

Sounds just like hay work or any other farm work here. Seems I spend as much time broke down as getting things done

A man like you who does a lot with tools, needs a high quality hammer! It makes a huge difference! But you know that.

BTW: My old chainsaw finally gave up. The dealer said there was no compression because the engine wore out. Does that sound right? And what do you do with your old saws, when the rings wear out. Stihl MS250.

Bright Raven":1y0d276l said:
A man like you who does a lot with tools, needs a high quality hammer! It makes a huge difference! But you know that.

BTW: My old chainsaw finally gave up. The dealer said there was no compression because the engine wore out. Does that sound right? And what do you do with your old saws, when the rings wear out. Stihl MS250.

Buy the upper cylinder and piston and move on.

Bright Raven":3ke8s7rv said:

That is a clam shell saw design (smaller version of the MS290) and I have rebuilt several 025, MS250s. If the compression is weak a new Meteror piston and rings will usually get them back in good shape. If the piston is scored clean the the cylinder up with acid, sanding, new piston/rings and find out what caused the problem and fix that. Those saws in good shape (compression can be low) sell good on Ebay.

These are as good as OEM and I think make better compression..........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-MS250-02 ... 4281!US!-1

jltrent":1odod6pa said:

2XRDlfY.jpg
I wouldn't even bother welding it..
Just grind the end of it flat, focus a bit more, swing a little harder and use it like that. :lol:

jltrent":35738899 said:
Bright Raven":35738899 said:

That is a clam shell saw design (smaller version of the MS290) and I have rebuilt several 025, MS250s. If the compression is weak a new Meteror piston and rings will usually get them back in good shape. If the piston is scored clean the the cylinder up with acid, sanding, new piston/rings and find out what caused the problem and fix that. Those saws in good shape (compression can be low) sell good on Ebay.

These are as good as OEM and I think make better compression..........

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-MS250-02 ... 4281!US!-1

Thank you.

Don't throw it away! It's still a good nail puller :D
But then you're from west of the Blue Ridge like me so you would know that. :D

Some days it seems you spend more time working on things than with them.200 rolls is right respectable.How long did it take to pry you out of the seat and fingers off the wheel?Is your neck stuck at 60 degrees to the right?

JW IN VA":3p8ua9ks said:

Some days it seems you spend more time working on things than with them.200 rolls is right respectable.How long did it take to pry you out of the seat and fingers off the wheel?Is your neck stuck at 60 degrees to the right?

Just got out of the tractor from baling since 11AM today. My back hurts, neck hurts, left leg hurts from clutching, my head is still roaring from the noise. This use to be fun.....what happened?

jltrent":8xxwz6gv said:
JW IN VA":8xxwz6gv said:

Just got out of the tractor from baling since 11AM today. My back hurts, neck hurts, left leg hurts from clutching, my head is still roaring from the noise. This use to be fun.....what happened?

Haying was much more fun when I was younger

Bright Raven":3sjgxxea said:

How old Ron? I doubt that you would have worn one out Ron, or you didn't get the oil right.

Ken

wbvs58":3f5gwhj1 said:
Bright Raven":3f5gwhj1 said:

How old Ron? I doubt that you would have worn one out Ron, or you didn't get the oil right.

Ken

It is 9 years old.

Latest posts