Sometimes living in the country causes heartache.

Help Support CattleToday:

ram

Reaction score
My daughter is going to a New Years eve party by the high school. The only problem is it's a 25 mile drive each way and it's raining and nasty. It's sure nice to be young and have no worries except how do I look Daddy. Happy New Year folks.

My boys are 12 and 10. My little girl is 6. I ain't where you guys are but I sure like her being little for now. And I've got half a head of grey already. I love my boys don't get me wrong but she is my heart. I will say a little prayer for you and her both ram. I'm sure she's a responsible girl and will be fine. Happy new year to you and yours. And to the rest of the board.

bbirder":t8bi6z4i said:
She'll do fine, Dad. Didn't you at that age.

That underlined part--is it supposed to somehow bring comfort and re-assurance?
I remember me at that age--if my momma knew she'd have skinned me alive....

ram":24g26alp said:
My daughter is going to a New Years eve party by the high school. The only problem is it's a 25 mile drive each way and it's raining and nasty. It's sure nice to be young and have no worries except how do I look Daddy. Happy New Year folks.

Fatherly thing to do would be to drive her there and wait until party is done to drive her safely home. :p

Cell phones weren't affordable for kids in those days, but they sure make things easy on dads today. Do what Aaron suggested, better yet drive her to the party then just hang around the party with her until it's over, act like you're invited and belong there....... She won't mind. :hide:

greybeard":3uapqhiw said:
bbirder":3uapqhiw said:

My daughter is almost 22.
I have explained very clear and she caught on early thank goodness to not be anywhere close to the "kind" of girls I liked so much when I was younger.
While I was typing this she sent me a picture of her and the girls she's with. All dressed very nice and pretty.
I can see their beer sitting behind them though. She is my daughter.

I know all to well how you feel Ram. Just be thankful she is where she is and not in New York City. My daughter just sent me a picture. She is all dressed up and ready for a party with friends. No Times Square ever for her. She says it is just for tourists. Hope this is their last New Year's Eve in New York. Movers packed their things yesterday and she will return to Charlotte Sunday. Her husband will be there as soon as he can get transferred to a Walgreens store.
It is really a bad night to be out, rainy and foggy. The kind that makes me want to stay at home. We were a little late getting home from the farm Saturday night about dusk and hit a wild hog. Almost a thousand dollars worth of damage. I call myself looking for deer all the time. But this hog came running so fast till it was no way to stop. I know we have plenty of hogs, but was not expecting that one.
Ram, I will keep your daughter in my prayers and all others on the roads tonight. Nights like these and my daughter on the road have given me plenty of gray hairs, but the older they get you just have to let go and trust The Lord to take care of them.

greybeard":3lyf3kcr said:
bbirder":3lyf3kcr said:

I learned after I grew up that mamma knew a lot more about what I was into than she let on. Teenagers are not nearly as smart as they think.

Latest posts