Something extra in the wood pile

Help Support CattleToday:

so do you know that shes not all limousine? and if you do what else is there? (hindquarters is a little weak ...). i would have said she is 100% limousin b/c i have seen a lot of them with that darker pigment, a lot of the old french types were that dark red color and had no ring around the nose. in fact i like those old dark reds with the curly face better than the light reds...

she reminds me of a heifer i have i'll try to post later.

Beefy":1r8e9of9 said:
so do you know that shes not all limousine? and if you do what else is there?

Dang.... I forgot to get a picture of her mom today. I'll try to remember tommorrow so you can tell me if I know or not.

This is just a brain fart but she wouldn't have a bit of red poll in her would she? Like I said, it's just a thought.

Wewild":ma41yoi3 said:
Beefy":ma41yoi3 said:
so do you know that shes not all limousine? and if you do what else is there?

Dang.... I forgot to get a picture of her mom today. I'll try to remember tommorrow so you can tell me if I know or not.

K, didnt know we were getting a definite answer and sposed to be guessing. in that case i'll guess part holstein or part shorthorn. lol.

heres the one she reminded me of.
Picture2252.jpg

I think she has a red poll face and since you raise lim x red poll that might be a good guess.

She is nice though or I think she is and the limi put a butt on her and I do hope the charolais does that to mine.

Beefy":1wjz3lfv said:
K, didnt know we were getting a definite answer and sposed to be guessing. in that case i'll guess part holstein or part shorthorn. lol.

Mother

crosscow050520076x8.jpg

crosscow2050520076x8.jpg

Wewild i ain't sure what the mix is in the heifer but that sure is a purtty place were the mom is at and some good lookin lim's too.

rattler

rattler":xqb3uvej said:
Wewild i ain't sure what the mix is in the heifer but that sure is a purtty place were the mom is at and some good lookin lim's too.

rattler

Thanks. If you ever get down Atlanta way with some time on your hands, hollar at me. We ain't too far north.

Thank you Wewild i'll do that alway's enjoy at fine cattle and i have alway's been partail to red lim's.

rattler

certherfbeef":15mmw6ji said:
I'm thinking there is a little red shorthorn in her.

You may be right as I don't know for sure.

Beefy":309pqqdh said:
Half Barzona!

I doubt it. I'd don't see any ear.

You gona answer the question I asked about your heifer?

sorry wewild. i've been waiting for you to post pictures of the dam. guess i overlooked that sequence of posts. my bad :oops: my heifer is 7/ 8 limousin and 1/8 angus.

my barzona comment was totally in jest. i dont even know if those still exist anymore..

Well, what ever she is I like her. I have one that I raised that is 1/2 R Brangus, 1/4 angus, 1/4 gelveih. She looks a whole lot like her, same red color. I guess that comes from the RA.

Latest posts