Something extra in the wood pile

Help Support CattleToday:

Wewild

Reaction score
She just don't seem all Lim to me.

heifer9.jpg

If you had said Purebred Red Angus, I wouldn't have questioned it a bit. Nice heifer; but I don't know if I would be comfortable taking a knowledgable buyer to see that one.

My wife owns a red angus that looks very similar with just about the same amount of leg.

cfpinz

I don't know if she's 100% Limi, but she's a pretty girl. And she posed so nicely for the picture! :)

DOC HARRIS":3emkes9d said:
:???: - This heifer is NOT ALL Limosine! Look at the hindquarters! But particularly look at her muzzle!

DOC HARRIS

Come on Doc.

Help me with the muzzle thing. Here is a close up. Of one that is and the one that's not.

muzzle9x.jpg

Wewild":rlfb9x7v said:
DOC HARRIS":rlfb9x7v said:
:???: - This heifer is NOT ALL Limosine! Look at the hindquarters! But particularly look at her muzzle!

DOC HARRIS

Come on Doc.

Help me with the muzzle thing. Here is a close up. Of one that is and the one that's not.

muzzle9x.jpg
-Well, I certainly could be wrong, but to me, Limousin's have a particular appearance - almost a feel to their bearing - a "presence" to their appearance. I know that must sound a little wraithful to some of you, but to me when I see a Limousin. it is as if they are speaking to me and saying "I am Limousin!". If you carefully observe their upper lips, and the light color compared to the rest of their coloration (and it also carries on around their eyes), and the way that the lateral edges of their upper lip 'puff' out and over the lateral aspects of the lower lip says "Limousin" to me. That characteristic also indicates a tendency to gluttonism. For a Terminal candidate, what better trait would you want?

I just read what I said above, and perhaps that sounds a little 'far out', but when I am selecting cattle, there must be a particular "FEELING" that I get that helps me make a decision one way or the other! The eyes also play a part in it. - - -and the hips! Yes! . . .the hips! The way they move when - - -o-o-o-o-ops! Sorry, I got carried away. That is a 'whole 'nother subject!

DOC HARRIS

Wewild, i had one last year that looked identical to yours.
She was a out of Wolfs blood line.

Wewild":2x5qz4k1 said:

muzzle9x.jpg

I'm gonna guess the one on the left is the Limi. The ones around here had a more "orange" color than red. The shading around the eyes and nose is more defined, too.

Am I right? :D

DOC HARRIS":2evmgq9m said:
The eyes also play a part in it. - - -and the hips! Yes! . . .the hips! The way they move when - - -o-o-o-o-ops! Sorry, I got carried away. That is a 'whole 'nother subject!

DOC HARRIS

Now we know how Mrs. Doc grabbed your attention... :heart:

Alice

Doc

As usual you have a great way with words.

Thanks for the reading material.

Frankie":3pur82xp said:
I'm gonna guess the one on the left is the Limi. The ones around here had a more "orange" color than red. The shading around the eyes and nose is more defined, too.

Weak ... but right.

You need to take lessons from Doc.

Wewild":3b4gz5eq said:
Frankie":3b4gz5eq said:

Weak ... but right.

You need to take lessons from Doc.

Weak? Why?

Lessons from Doc? Hardly. I'm a to the point person. I don't want to waste all that hot air. :lol:

Frankie":11585dfq said:
Weak? Why?

Lessons from Doc? Hardly. I'm a to the point person. I don't want to waste all that hot air. :lol:

Doc's got passion.

You do too.

I appreciate you both.

The difference goes back to a David Allan Coe song "Boy, can you make folks feel what you feel inside".

I'm not an emoticon knda guy. Your my first. ;-)

Looks just like a RA / Limi cow that I have. I have two from the same RA bull but two different Limi cows. One looks very Limi-ish while the other looks very RA-ish. I really like her.

sidney411":25bs9d1x said:
So what is she?

I think I said in my previous posts what I think of her.

For you I will repeat. I think she has passion. I appreciate her.

What do you think?

HOSS":zwmhm81o said:
Looks just like a RA / Limi cow that I have. I have two from the same RA bull but two different Limi cows. One looks very Limi-ish while the other looks very RA-ish. I really like her.

That would be wrong on the ra bull.

Latest posts