Some pics of how my Reg. Balancer herd is coming

Help Support CattleToday:

southernultrablack":19yqbdt2 said:
Never bought a bull, but did buy a cow from Post Rock. They were good to deal with and their cattle seem to work well in fescue country.

Nice looking cow, and really nice calf.

Good to hear on the adapting to your pastures, that's been a major concern of mine when buying bulls from out of the area. I looked at some Hereford bulls in Kansas one time and really liked them, but once I saw some from that herd back here in Virginia I wound up not buying one. On the other hand, we've got a Hereford bull from Wyoming that just turned 12 years and he manages just fine.

We bought a couple from Wheeler Cattle Co. in Kansas. Jury is still out on what the calves off of the bulls (GV and Balancer) we bought will look like. Some of the nicest people we have dealt with, good quality stock, and most docile bulls we've owned.

cfpinz":32t9ctjk said:
Either of you KS residents (or anyone else for that matter) bought any bulls from Post Rock?

Yes, I own two Post Rock Bulls I bought this Balancer bull in 2015 he's a heifer bull. Not the best pic but its the most current. A Connealy Confidence 0100 son. Reg# 1291023

The second is Homo Black PB he's Post Rock Silver 273Y1 ET (Shark) son. Reg# 1318945
Both these bulls are really docile. Post Rock are great people. B&G

Black and Good":3ttt7f3r said:
cfpinz":3ttt7f3r said:
Either of you KS residents (or anyone else for that matter) bought any bulls from Post Rock?

Yes, I own two Post Rock Bulls I bought this Balancer bull in 2015 he's a heifer bull. Not the best pic but its the most current. A Connealy Confidence 0100 son. Reg# 1291023

The second is Homo Black PB he's Post Rock Silver 273Y1 ET (Shark) son. Reg# 1318945 I bought him this spring.
Both these bulls are really docile. Post Rock are great people. B&G

southernultrablack":2z8vqpap said:
B&G do you have any of their females in your herd? If so which cow families worked best for you?

I bought a balancer 6 yr old cow w/ a heifer at her side in 2015. Reg#1315065 calf Reg# 1117700 cow

Then this spring I bought a first calf heifer pair w/ a heifer at her side Reg# 1291044 cow Reg# 1346873

They are nice females easy handling, gentle. B&G

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'll have to look up Post Rock the next time I'm in the area.

Latest posts