Some of our Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Loch Valley Fold

Reaction score
Happy with the way these heifers came through winter nothing special no hand feeding just what they could find by themselves out in the paddocks. We were prepared to start feeding them at the start of September as that is in the "in between" time before the grass starts growing again.

Scottish Highland x Lowline heifer
PB040126.jpg

Purebred Angus heifer (2810) & Murray Grey x Lowline heifer
PB040127.jpg

Side view of 2810
PB040128.jpg

Side view of MG x LL Heifer
PB040129.jpg

Blondie - Highland x Jersey/Friesian
PB040121.jpg

Purebred unregistered Lowline mother & daughter "Grace & Kitty"
PB040125.jpg

Our replacement herd bull "Blacko" possibly too quiet
Blacko2.jpg

Been running with 150 Jersey cows at the dairy - wanting to tighten up the calving time for next year so we kept him busy for a while

My Lab Lucy - we lost her to cancer earlier this year
621839_4372563559178_496587157_o.jpg

Don't like #2810 that much but that MG x LL heifer and the lowlines are nice cattle. That highland x lowline heifer remind me of one of my Angus x Belted Galloway crosses....hairy but not that hairy like pure ones.

Is that an old sign you are watering your cows in? I have quite a few of those, and some, you could swap for a cow.
Your dog looks sweet staring at the little pig. She appears to have killed a rat, and may be guarding it, making sure that no one else touches it. Sorry that you lost her.

Chuckie from memory the water troughs are ends off 2 old oil tanks?, we got 2 back in the early 1990's when our road was washed out to floods we cut the ends off & used the body of the tanks to make a bridge the ends as you can see in the pic were than welded on to some old car rims they are good for the mini horses I once had, dairy calves & now the sheep they can be used as either water troughs or feeders.

3way yes it was funny watching her with the piglets they would even sleep with her in her kennel

Do you get many horned calves like the first heifer from using a lowline over highland? We're yet to get even a scur using murray grey and angus bulls on our highland cattle.

Andrew

animalsci2011 : The ones we did were very nice these little piggies were Berkshire (mother) x Tamworth x Duroc (sp) (father)

Townfarmer : All of our highlands & crosses all have horns we did have 1 years ago that I had thought was going to be polled as she had no horns up unti; she was 10 mths after that the horns basically burst out of her head

Latest posts