Some hereford pics

Help Support CattleToday:

Dont much care for Herefords but I do like that second cow you shared. They all look good.

I have always enjoyed herefords. The neighbors where I grew up had a big herd of herefords. I spent a lot of my youth hunting, exploring, fishing, and trapping on their land. I walked through their herd a million times.

Nice cattle.

Udders look good in the pics. Tell us about any eye troubles, udder problems or uterine prolapses if you would. I acquired some hereford cows a couple years back to make a few more hereford broad cows and black baldies. Fought some pinkeye the first year. Udders have been fine(time will tell). No prolapses yet. No pinkeye this year thankfully. I enjoy how thrifty they are, AEB body conditioning and weaned calf weights and i really enjoy their easy disposition. Nice pics

bball said:
Udders look good in the pics. Tell us about any eye troubles, udder problems or uterine prolapses if you would. I acquired some hereford cows a couple years back to make a few more hereford broad cows and black baldies. Fought some pinkeye the first year. Udders have been fine(time will tell). No prolapses yet. No pinkeye this year thankfully. I enjoy how thrifty they are, AEB body conditioning and weaned calf weights and i really enjoy their easy disposition. Nice pics

I have some pink eye from time to time but no other troubles. These are trouble free cows.
No prolapse around here (in hereford's ) since the early eighties. And haven't pulled a calf since the yr 2000 and he was a backwards calf. Had some udder problems but they were functional till cows were in there teens. Meaning I didn't have to help a calf.

U want problems then your looking at wrong herd.

JHH said:
bball said:

I have some pink eye from time to time but no other troubles. These are trouble free cows.
No prolapse around here (in hereford's ) since the early eighties. And haven't pulled a calf since the yr 2000 and he was a backwards calf. Had some udder problems but they were functional till cows were in there teens. Meaning I didn't have to help a calf.

Thanks for that response. I have been saying for several years that Herefords are as problem free as any other breed, and they come with a good disposition that is hard to rival.

JHH said:
bball said:

Very glad to hear it. I have a true fondness for the hereford breed. Seems they have gotten a bad rep over the years; however, several of the folks who keep some on CT continually sing their praises. Of this, i am pleased.
Again, thanks for sharing the pics and starting the thread.