rocket2222

Reaction score
4 month old. BW 74
IMG_3222111.jpg

5 month old. BW 72
IMG_3216111.jpg

5 month old. BW 82
IMG_3206111.jpg

You should be ASHAMED of yourself Rocket... for posting heifers such as these. :eek:

I'd be HAPPY to take them off your hands for you, gratis of course. :shock:

Just load em' up, ship them to NW Minnesota and I'll hide 'em for ya! :tiphat:

hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really nice, especially the 2nd one, she's a thick girl!

I wish I can one day breed a bull that can add that much chest depth without giving up on femininity. I think I still got you beat on width and hindquarters, but have to admit defeat on the chest depth. Very nice.

alexfarms":3vev0m9f said:
Very nice calves. I wish you posted pedigrees, though.

John, I don't bother posting them because I figure nobody's really interested in them. There's no line breeding, no big name AI bulls, all 3 are 3rd generation home breds on the dams side, sires are bulls I've purchased, outcrosses for the most part, that I thought would help get me where I want to be. I PM'd you the Reg.#

KNERSIE":2pnwc5xu said:
I wish I can one day breed a bull that can add that much chest depth without giving up on femininity. I think I still got you beat on width and hindquarters, but have to admit defeat on the chest depth. Very nice.

Heifer bull/herd builder. :eek: :shock: Hopefully 8) :)

LazyARanch":2vpjnk22 said:
You should be ASHAMED of yourself Rocket... for posting heifers such as these. :eek:

I'd be HAPPY to take them off your hands for you, gratis of course. :shock:

Just load em' up, ship them to NW Minnesota and I'll hide 'em for ya! :tiphat:

hehehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really nice, especially the 2nd one, she's a thick girl!

If you have any green grass there, they would surely like it, it's been a few weeks since we've seen any here. :(

Rocket,

we are deep in snow up here, be lucky to see green by the end of April. Looking at some major flooding along
the Red River up here.

It's gonna get ugly....

PS. When you send the heifers, pack their water-wings! :nod:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nice heifers, especially for their ages. I like #3 the best. I look forward to seeing pics of them all slicked up and on grass.

iowa hawkeyes":mj46f1oh said:
Very nice heifers, will you breed them for spring calves or keep them fall?

Thanks. Hate to do it in a way, but I'm moving everything to spring, so these will get held over if they continue to develop nicely and I keep them.

LazyARanch":2cyoxvyq said:
Rocket,

we are deep in snow up here, be lucky to see green by the end of April. Looking at some major flooding along
the Red River up here.

It's gonna get ugly....

Hows about a canoe, they're not like Angus, they don't like to get their feet wet.
Hope you miss out on the flooding.

LazyARanch":3iahyq4n said:
Rocket,

the Red River up here.

It's gonna get ugly....

How did you end up with so much snow? We don't have much here. Most of Manitoba has less than normal. I know Emerson, MB (right up to Winnipeg) might go into drought this year, as they have less than 40% of their normal snowfall.

I'm not complaining. Just thought it was odd you ended up with so much. :cowboy:

Aaron,

I think our trees catch and hold quite a bit. I've got some pics of the snowbanks at our ND property which is about 5 miles from the Red River and it's kinda nuts! This is the most snow we've had since the winter of '96-'97, and we had that HUGE flood in the spring of '97. We are most definitely going to have a mess in about 2 months (give or take a couple weeks).
And then we send the water north to Pembina at the border and on to Winnipeg after that! :nod:

Our ranch up in northwest Minnesota has quite a bit of snow too but with more trees it's spread out more evenly. The cows are doing well. The problem is that it's fairly flat up there so it will be pretty swampy/boggy all over when it warms up. They sure learn to find the high spots! They may not LIKE getting their feet wet, but they'll be dealing with it all the same! :mrgreen:

Latest posts