Some good, some not so good.

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
As dry a year as we have seen here and then starts raining 3 weeks ago. Just thunderstorms and showers but enough to hold us off haying for 10 days. Started cutting this afternoon, where the irrigation was the crop is not bad. One corner that got missed barely makes a windrow but too small a spot to worry about cutting it out. Feed is awful short in western Canada this year. Here we goIMG_0414.jpegIMG_0417.jpegIMG_0416.jpegIMG_0412.jpegIMG_0411.jpegIMG_0421.jpegIMG_0420.jpeg

it rained so much in early spring here in central Texas that our first cut is very poor, the rye got too old, we got it cleaned off late.
Our second cut was good, now it's dry, dry.
With what we made and bought we will have close to 500 rolls, it's all paid for just waiting for delivery of a little over 200 rolls.

it rained so much in early spring here in central Texas that our first cut is very poor, the rye got too old, we got it cleaned off late.
Our second cut was good, now it's dry, dry.
With what we made and bought we will have close to 500 rolls, it's all paid for just waiting for delivery of a little over 200 rolls.
We have some bought and in the yard, some spoken for and have until Sept 1 to commit, screenings pellets contracted. We will see what the pile looks like.

All my baleage is in-line wrapper. My hay guy bought the first one ever to be used in Upstate NY that I know of. It is FASTER, and I believe it keeps much better. I think we wrap a bale every 45-50 seconds. While 1 is wrapping, we grab another & wait for the ram to return. Our guy has a bale pick up wagon that hauls 12 bales & raises & slides them off in a double row. Easy to grab with skid steer. "I" used to be the bale loader but nephew is the one that does it now.
When he bought the first one, we had long hydraulic lines that ran from the wrapper to a tractor. I drove the tractor, running the ram & wheel with the hydraulic lines, creeping forward as each bale was wrapped - with another worker loading each bale for me to wrap.

You do know those are cranes? They appear to be so in the picture.
Not bad eating either.
The reason the great white herons are on the endangered species list is because they have a nice big white breast and good to eat and all the coonasses here in Louisiana almost wiped them out poaching.

You do know those are cranes? They appear to be so in the picture.
Not bad eating either.
Well, I knew they weren't really turkeys. Sandhill Crane may of been one of my guesses, but I can't say I knew what they were specifically. We have herons here. No cranes to my knowledge. A hundred or so miles east is the big water so there's quite a few water birds I'm not familiar with that may appear here from time to time.

Latest posts