Sold cull yearling heifers today

Help Support CattleToday:

That is around $1280 American. What did they weigh? A good ticket considering drought and market....

That is around $1280 American. What did they weigh? A good ticket considering drought and market....
Average 1,018 lbs. so $1.6125/lb. Market seems surprisingly strong considering the drought.
Buyer told me yesterday that there is good demand from the packers for kill cows and it looks like that will continue for awhile anyway.
I contracted my calves quite some time ago for late October delivery and don't believe I gained a lot other than a few months of good sleep. But it's not looking like I lost anything either at this point.

Average 1,018 lbs. so $1.6125/lb. Market seems surprisingly strong considering the drought.
Buyer told me yesterday that there is good demand from the packers for kill cows and it looks like that will continue for awhile anyway.
I contracted my calves quite some time ago for late October delivery and don't believe I gained a lot other than a few months of good sleep. But it's not looking like I lost anything either at this point.
I wonder if the Mad Cow problem in Brazil is having an impact on the market. The Chinese are looking for other sources of Beef.

Latest posts