Calves sold today

Help Support CattleToday:

coachg

Reaction score
Carried 6 to the sale this am . Easiest loading I've ever done especially in the pouring rain 🌧️. By myself ! Two bulls average weighing 480 and brought 3.25 and 3.15. 4 heifers averaged around 440 and prices ranged from 2.80 -3.00 . Pleased with the check . Already spent it on fertilizer . Calves were a little light, but for winter calves with little or no creep this year , i was happy.

Carried 6 to the sale this am . Easiest loading I've ever done especially in the pouring rain 🌧️. By myself ! Two bulls average weighing 480 and brought 3.25 and 3.15. 4 heifers averaged around 440 and prices ranged from 2.80 -3.00 . Pleased with the check . Already spent it on fertilizer . Calves were a little light, but for winter calves with little or no creep this year , i was happy.
Fort Payne?

That's great. I've been hearing the market is taking a hit because of the dairy "flu" panic. Hoping to get our calves shipped next week for a special feeder sale. Worried if the market is going to drop we will not do as well as if we ship them tomorrow.

That's great. I've been hearing the market is taking a hit because of the dairy "flu" panic. Hoping to get our calves shipped next week for a special feeder sale. Worried if the market is going to drop we will not do as well as if we ship them tomorrow.
I felt like these were down a little but I remember selling calves for $200 . I feel blessed and amazed at a 400 + bull calf bringing $1500 ! 🤠

I felt like these were down a little but I remember selling calves for $200 . I feel blessed and amazed at a 400 + bull calf bringing $1500 ! 🤠
Our current market report does say they took a hit and they are down a small amount. That would make sense. Definitely glad you got those prices.

Sent a nice baldie heifer on Monday to sale. Mother wouldn't let her nurse and I didn't want to bottle feed her. 108 lb and brought $6.10/lb!!!
Yeah, the bottle calf prices are becoming insane! It is almost to the where the best thing to do when you have a cal;f born alive, is keep tia few days til the colostrum is gone, then sel lit as a bottle calf! Where are you located, @tburkepa ?

Yeah, the bottle calf prices are becoming insane! It is almost to the where the best thing to do when you have a cal;f born alive, is keep tia few days til the colostrum is gone, then sel lit as a bottle calf! Where are you located, @tburkepa ?
I'm located in Northeast PA. About an hour north of Williamsport. Some of the calves are going as high as $10/lb up here. There was a black angus bull calf that brought over $8.50 on Monday.. I almost offered her for sale on either Marketplace or Craigslist for $400 as I could never imagine getting $650 for a week old calf!!! Glad I didn't

Latest posts