Sold some culls today

Help Support CattleToday:

Another 40 hours and you could be a hillbilly.
Dang Kenney...that hillbilly remark...I'm about 1600 miles from home today, driving near your country. Well, maybe just a little south of you. Anyway, got off the interstate to drive some "country" type roads so see the mountains up close, Drove about an hour and a half like that. Decided it was time to get back to civilization. Told Google Maps to head to the hotel.... DAMN....never been on such road....well Boreas Pass in Colorado comes to mind only because it was not black top. Saving grace that this one was and it was in top notch condition. Miss Google took us up and over. Got to the top and wife started breathing again....told her sorry Honey, but now we have to go back down.

Dang Kenney...that hillbilly remark...I'm about 1600 miles from home today, driving near your country. Well, maybe just a little south of you. Anyway, got off the interstate to drive some "country" type roads so see the mountains up close, Drove about an hour and a half like that. Decided it was time to get back to civilization. Told Google Maps to head to the hotel.... DAMN....never been on such road....well Boreas Pass in Colorado comes to mind only because it was not black top. Saving grace that this one was and it was in top notch condition. Miss Google took us up and over. Got to the top and wife started breathing again....told her sorry Honey, but now we have to go back down.
Where are you? Stop by

40 hours averaging 65mph is 2600 miles. Thats about the distance to here.
SW Virginia is 2600 miles from the international border crossing? Are speed limits 65 back east? "Another 40 hours " from the border at any speed limit out west would put the guy well below our southern border... and who drives the speed limit? I've driven coast to coast in less time.

But you're right. Vancouver to Roanke is about forty hours.

Last edited:
SW Virginia is 2600 miles from the international border crossing? Are speed limits 65 back east? "Another 40 hours " from the border at any speed limit out west would put the guy well below our southern border... and who drives the speed limit? I've driven coast to coast in less time.

I drive a lot. If hour after hour you can average 65 mph your doing good. Traffic, construction, getting fuel, bathroom stops, eating all ruins the average.

Like Kenny, I would like to know where were you? I am sure a lot of us from the SE have been on that mountain at some point. It sounds like one of the roads in East TN, NC, or GA. And if you really want remote in the Appalachians, there are a lot of places Google will not work.

Roanoke isn't southwest VA. I'm not sure what it is, but SW VA is west of the New River Valley.

The record New York to Los Angeles is just over 25 and a half hours.

It can be done.
Not everything that can be done should be done. Not legal. Not smart. Not for me.

Now someone might be along soon to say that they did that in 20 hours driving in reverse in snow uphill all the way hauling a load of mexican buzzards. But they won't have pictures.:)

Back when I was chasing those rodeos I drove all over every state west of the Mississippi. That included Montana where speed limits were/are optional. If you can average over 60 mph you are doing good. I did Tulsa to Boise in 27 hours one time. Two people switching off driving.

Back when I was chasing those rodeos I drove all over every state west of the Mississippi. That included Montana where speed limits were/are optional. If you can average over 60 mph you are doing good. I did Tulsa to Boise in 27 hours one time. Two people switching off driving.
Your story reminds me of grandpa driving straight thru from Enid ok to St Anthony Idaho

If I remember right 23 hrs...

I've done 19hrs from north ok to Crestview fla one time. Stopped somewhere in Alabama and caught 2 hours sleep under a bridge on a dirt road gawd only knows where.

Your story reminds me of grandpa driving straight thru from Enid ok to St Anthony Idaho

If I remember right 23 hrs...

I've done 19hrs from north ok to Crestview fla one time. Stopped somewhere in Alabama and caught 2 hours sleep under a bridge on a dirt road gawd only knows where.
19 hours is a normal day. Try 39 hours alone.

That is some impressive driving skill. Anybody that can make it to or from Tulsa in 27 hours has my admiration. I don't care where you started.

Latest posts