Sold 4 yesterday.

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm getting REAL antsy to sell my calves. But I feel I'm wasting it if I sell now. They got lots more growing to do on mama. I hate to sell 4 and 5 month old calves

I don't think calf prices are gonna drop significantly tween now and the time I will have them ready to sell. I hope!!!
I totally agree. The calves i sold were bought for around 1.30 not so long ago. And sold for cash.

I don't know, i sold a 520# and 360# a couple weeks ago that brought within $150 of each other, and seen the same thing in2013 or 14, can't remember which. That year I'd done the normal vacs and long weaned, then watch bawlers bring nearly the same, kind of hard to justify the time and added expense sometimes.

I'm getting REAL antsy to sell my calves. But I feel I'm wasting it if I sell now. They got lots more growing to do on mama. I hate to sell 4 and 5 month old calves

I don't think calf prices are gonna drop significantly tween now and the time I will have them ready to sell. I hope!!!
I went through one bunch of cow calf pairs tonight looking for pinkeye and said to myself that there were several calves big enough to sell. Got my record book out and seen they were March and April calves so not old enough yet.

I went through one bunch of cow calf pairs tonight looking for pinkeye and said to myself that there were several calves big enough to sell. Got my record book out and seen they were March and April calves so not old enough yet.
Exactly! Same situation here. I want em on mama the full 7 months this time. The cows are in GREAT shape this year. I probly won't wean em until they hit the trailer on the way to the sale. We will see