Snowbird Season

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
It's opening in Florida this week and my friends are getting ready.

Redneckcopy.jpg

ALACOWMAN":216ytnf6 said:
Damn how big them yankee's get down there. :shock:

Well, we like to get them while they are still up there in middle tennesee around Crowders place. ;-)

Here they come....being from Arizona I feel for y'all. Now it's our friends and neighbors that leave the place to the kids for the winter and migrate south.
And Susie wants a fifth wheel...lease I get a nwe truck out of the deal! Dave Mc

I don't know how long it has been since you've been here but the birds are thicker every year. I'd move to New Mexico but they are probably as bad that way. Maybe the price of fuel they won't be so thick this year. Or worse yet they wont be able to get home

flaboy":2vlrt0l5 said:
ALACOWMAN":2vlrt0l5 said:
Damn how big them yankee's get down there. :shock:

Well, we like to get them while they are still up there in middle tennesee around Crowders place. ;-)
Flaboy, now you know better than that. All those Crown Vics,Marquis's and Lincolns have GPS with coordinates dialed right in to your B&B. I have not seen nearly a one Foreign license plate in a long time. They are all headed your way on I-95.Just curious what the limits are, and do they really taste like Chicken?

I wonder if the northern states even have any population in the winter. When I first went to Quartsite, AZ there would be maybe a couple of hundred people and a thousand when they had their POW WOW/fleamarket week-end. I ahven;t been there now in 10 or maybe 15 years and it seems like the crowds year round are bigger then they used to be in the winter, and winter is beyond counting.

dun

Hey Flaboy, here on the West Side, we just finished putting up signs with directions to your place. Thanks Crowder for the GPS numbers! :D :D :D :D
Over here we call them Q-Tips!

myakka145":ezz0nyq8 said:
Hey Flaboy, here on the West Side, we just finished putting up signs with directions to your place. Thanks Crowder for the GPS numbers! :D :D :D :D
I'm printing up Coupons for his B&B now. Complete with an early bird special, and buy one get two free deal.Cotton Head discount. Valet Parking, Motor Homes and RV's welcome.Complimentary prune Juice, and Fleet enemas. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Crowderfarms":1fyh5ctl said:
myakka145":1fyh5ctl said:
I'm printing up Coupons for his B&B now. Complete with an early bird special, and buy one get two free deal.Cotton Head discount. Valet Parking, Motor Homes and RV's welcome.Complimentary prune Juice, and Fleet enemas. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Youse guys are going to make me go down and buy some more ammo huh? Maybe I will get some tracers so I can hunt at night. The game commission has ruled them nuisance animals so you can hunt them at night without a permit.

Yep send em on over to my B&B (blast m and bury m). :lol:

Crowderfarms":4wmtlzoa said:
myakka145":4wmtlzoa said:

Wouldn't that be considered baiting?

Chris

Baiting is legal for nuisance critters. :lol: Yes, Crowder all you can eat signs is good bait.

Dang all of our northern cattle folks on here are going to think we are crazy. Maybe they will spread the word that there are some crazy southerners talking about hunting them and they will stay home and save me some ammo expense. ;-)

Hillside farmer":4sia0uf5 said:
So do yah mount the black socks or just the velcro shoes?
I think if he nabs a real trophy bird he should mount it in its original form complete with welding lens strength sun glass's & zinc oxcide across the nose ;-)

We usually send the plaid shorts and flowered shirts to Goodwill! Pretty good tax deduction. Flaboys Cremetoriam.

myakka145":2jxnsmk4 said:
We usually send the plaid shorts and flowered shirts to Goodwill! Pretty good tax deduction. Flaboys Cremetoriam.

Naw, they aint much to look at so we just stack them like cord wood out behind the barn. Yotes and buzzards do the rest. Saves the old back from digging too much. Sometimes if we want some real good fun we take em down to the creek and feed the gators. They seem to love them too. :lol:

we get our share of them here in AZ, don't mind em much cept why do they have to be in front of working folk on friday transferring funds at 4:00 pm paying utility bills cashing a check, when the working people are getting off work wanting to get home!
then stand behind them in a grocery store line as the wait till the cashier tells them the amount to sort thru all the cent's off coupons on the purchase of $15.99 then dig thru the change purse to find the exact change, all the time 10 or more people are standing behind them wanting to get home feed families etc etc!!
i vowed to my wife and everyone i knew that when i retired i would do that sort of thing during the hours i felt would be less offensive and disturbing to the workers!! i have lived up to that promise, and will! some of them seem to think that it makes no differnce (i worked for it I derserve to do it) no matter who i inconvience :eek:
then there are the ones who have a hadicapped plate or sticker on their car pull into a hadicapped space and both get out walking hand in hand quickly into FURRS !
do i have a little resentment towards SNOWBIRDS not all of them but a lot of them yes :eek:

Latest posts