Small Square bale accumulator

Help Support CattleToday:

xtrmeharley

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had heard of or knew about some information regarding a machine that accumulated small square bales and secured several of them in the same dimension as a large square bale? If so, could you please let me know where to find that information on the internet. Also, I was wondering if the machine worked well or if anyone had any comments on it.

Hoschler (sp) manufactures one . They work very well .

Is it Hoelscher? Spelling?

Do you use one? does it drag the bales on the ground as you accumulate? Or do they ride on a wagon-type thingy and then drop when it's full? what about busted bales?

A friend of mine has one and I use it for him some. It gathers them on a wagon then dumps ten at a time. On edge , which I like.

xtrmeharley":3gjejw9b said:
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had heard of or knew about some information regarding a machine that accumulated small square bales and secured several of them in the same dimension as a large square bale? If so, could you please let me know where to find that information on the internet. Also, I was wondering if the machine worked well or if anyone had any comments on it.

We have one of those and it works great! Hoelschere (sp?) also makes an attachment for a front-end loader that picks them up (10 at a time) for hauling, stacking, etc. Sure beats hauling hay the old way!

I guess I didn't word my question very well. I actually wondered if there was an accumulator that would collect the small bales and tie them together in the size of a big square bale. I'm pretty sure I had seen an advertisement for this type of machine in Stockman Grass Farmer or something. The advantage it seemed would be to have the convenience of feeding small bales and the transport of large bales.

Latest posts