Skim Milk Lies

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":qrfv73b0 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhS1fN_wwVw&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRokv63LZKXonjHpfsX760tX6ag38431UFwdcjK

Ron Swanson hates Liars and Skim Milk lying about being milk when it's really just water pretending to be milk.
Even "whole" milk is almost 90% water.

Son of Butch":llfy35n2 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhS1fN_wwVw&mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRokv63LZKXonjHpfsX760tX6ag38431UFwdcjK

Ron Swanson hates Liars and Skim Milk lying about being milk when it's really just water pretending to be milk.

If someone is going to drink skim milk, they might as well start drinking that almond milk stuff.

That reminds me of a pet peeve of mine. Everything is marked gluten free in the grocery stores now and many people are talking about how to find gluten free this or that. I saw a box of rice cereal and it was labeled gluten free. No kidding! Yeah, it is gluten free because it is made with rice and not wheat, barley, or rye. If a person is gluten intolerant, I am sure they would know that gluten comes from those grains. About 1% of the U.S. population is gluten intolerant, but with the way everyone is talking about gluten free you would think it would be a much higher percentage of the population.

I say, give me all the gluten. I love gluten.

Approximately 1-in-4 households have either (a) a person living in the household, or (b) a blood relative of someone living in the household (brother, sister, parent, niece, nephew, cousin) who has moderate to severe gluten intolerance levels ... and their stomachs drive the grocery budget.

[/quote]That reminds me of a pet peeve of mine. Everything is marked gluten free in the grocery stores now and many people are talking about how to find gluten free this or that.[/quote]

Eating gluten free or avoiding foods that a person cannot digest properly is not some fad diet.Some of these people will eventually die early if they don't eat gluten free and there families want to get something they can all eat together in many cases.The 1% number is a underestimate only the most severe case are counted.

That reminds me of a pet peeve of mine. Everything is marked gluten free in the grocery stores now and many people are talking about how to find gluten free this or that.[/quote]

Eating gluten free or avoiding foods that a person cannot digest properly is not some fad diet.Some of these people will eventually die early if they don't eat gluten free and there families want to get something they can all eat together in many cases.The 1% number is a underestimate only the most severe case are counted.[/quote]

I know it is not a fad diet. I am just pointing out that the vast majority of people can digest gluten just fine. I was also pointing out that those who are gluten intolerant would know that rice, corn and similar things do not have gluten, so it seems silly to mark them as gluten-free.

You are correct. There are 1% of Americans who are gluten intolerant. I looked it up, and it seems another 6% of Americans are gluten sensitive, which means gluten can cause digestion trouble for them.

In other words, one in three or four households are gluten free ... the whole grocery budget oftentimes travels through that person's stomach and intestines.

I have an adopted granddaughter who is gluten intolerant. She was a mess until Doctors figured out what was wrong. She had been labeled a failure to thrive, her speech was delayed along with motor skills. Once the gluten intolerance was diagnosed, things turned around quickly. She's growing like a weed, loves school and is a changed little girl. I :heart: her to pieces.

She is so intolerant you can't use a 'gluten exposed spoon' to put food on her plate. We had pizza one night and I put her left over gluten free pizza on top of the regular pizza to refrigerate. I never thought about cross contamination. She couldn't eat her left over pizza because it had touched the other one.

I've read that gluten intolerance can possibly be traced to introducing gluten foods to babies at too early of an age.

Chocolate Cow":do9uvutf said:
I have an adopted granddaughter who is gluten intolerant. She was a mess until Doctors figured out what was wrong. She had been labeled a failure to thrive, her speech was delayed along with motor skills. Once the gluten intolerance was diagnosed, things turned around quickly. She's growing like a weed, loves school and is a changed little girl. I :heart: her to pieces.

She is so intolerant you can't use a 'gluten exposed spoon' to put food on her plate. We had pizza one night and I put her left over gluten free pizza on top of the regular pizza to refrigerate. I never thought about cross contamination. She couldn't eat her left over pizza because it had touched the other one.

I've read that gluten intolerance can possibly be traced to introducing gluten foods to babies at too early of an age.

I'm in the early stages of helping a gluten-free food company get off the ground... These are exciting times!

WalnutCrest":41lfg60n said:
I'm in the early stages of helping a gluten-free food company get off the ground... These are exciting times!

That's fantastic, WalnutCrest. I hope their products are successful and show up locally here. I would certainly support them. Keep me updated, if you don't mind.

Chocolate Cow":38axbz24 said:
WalnutCrest":38axbz24 said:

That's fantastic, WalnutCrest. I hope their products are successful and show up locally here. I would certainly support them. Keep me updated, if you don't mind.

Will do. We already have international distribution lined up, plus distribution to almost every state. We are raising equity capital right now...

Actually loving the gluten-free and health food fad as someone who is genetically wheat-intolerant.
A lot of cereals are mixed with wheat products, even if they are labelled a being 'rice' or 'corn' - I always check the ingredients. I suppose the gluten-free label would save the time of picking up the box and looking at the back... and a lot of foods that used to contain wheat now don't, because rice or corn can fill the purpose just as well (though in my days they claimed it was sawdust 'they' used as filler in sausages not wheat).

Agree with the skim-milk sentiment but I also get annoyed at standardised homogenised pasteurised 'milk' masquerading as whole milk - my cows produce milk on average 5%plus fat 4%plus protein 5%plus lactose; that is whole milk, sweet and creamy and unadulterated. 'whole milk' sold in the shops here is 3.3% fat and there's hardly a cow in NZ naturally produces milk that low in solids.

Think "malted gluten free grains" ... everything from beer to malt extract to spray on corn flakes to make them crunchy to malt vinegar etc ...

"Malt" and "gluten free" don't normally go together ...

Latest posts