Simple Question

Help Support CattleToday:

red angus 2010

Reaction score
Hillary Clinton said she was "eager" to be interviewed by the FBI this weekend regarding the agency's investigation into her use of a private email server while secretary of state, though she declined to say who said the setup was legal and whether it violated government regulations regarding the handling of classified material.

"It was something I had offered to do since last August," Clinton told MSNBC in a phone interview Saturday evening. "I've been eager to do it, and I was pleased to have the opportunity to assist the department in bringing its review to a conclusion."

Clinton also defended her use of the private server by repeating that she "never received nor sent any material that was marked classified," while acknowledging some of the emails have been "retroactively classifying."

Members that have served in the military and handled classified documents does "retroactively classifying." ever occur?

Sounds like she was eager to say nothing. Hate to say it but she seems to be one of those people who just don't think the rules apply to them.

dcarp":ejlbe3as said:
I worked for 2 years with classified materials in the USN. Never saw one "retroactively classified"

Thank you for the reply. I thought that would be the case. Am I correct that a document can only be passed based upon the clearance that a person has. I keep reading about this subject and it is mind boggling. I can't imagine how frustrating this had to be for people trying to do their job alerting the correct people and being told to look the other way or don't raise the subject again. I never took the opportunity I had to join the military, I sincerely wish I had. That said I have a great deal of respect for those who served and are serving now. Have a nice 4th of July.

Thanks. The criteria for the sharing of classified material consists of 2 factors: the need to know & the persons security clearance level.

does "retroactively classifying." ever occur?

The answer is apparently yes, but only for some.

FBI Director:
To be clear this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions but that's not what we're deciding here.

Latest posts