Simmentals

Help Support CattleToday:

SimmAngus":145i69kp said:
We raise Simmental and Angus cattle, I think they are one of the best crosses out there.

I am a fan of Simmentals and have a few Sim cows in my herd. I am interested in the comment that Sim-Angus is a good cross; I have heard this before.

Why, specifically, is a Sim-Angus a better cross than a Sim-Hereford?

pd":2a078uwb said:
SimmAngus":2a078uwb said:
We raise Simmental and Angus cattle, I think they are one of the best crosses out there.

Probaly the main reason is they have been promoted that way to get the black hide. Beef quality should be the same. Hereford and Angus have similar quality, taste and texture characateristics.
If people would quit trying to multiply numbers of black hided animals and concentrate on breeding quality beef the whole industry would be better off.
Black is not always better.

la4angus":3lzdncvz said:
If people would quit trying to multiply numbers of black hided animals and concentrate on breeding quality beef the whole industry would be better off.

Since you are an angus breeder it takes a lot of sand to say that. But it is true. Just not enough people are willing to admit it. Thanks La

certherfbeef":31bzmbol said:
la4angus":31bzmbol said:

Since you are an angus breeder it takes a lot of sand to say that. But it is true. Just not enough people are willing to admit it. Thanks La

Ditto :)

pd":15vk6pmn said:
SimmAngus":15vk6pmn said:

I am a fan of Simmentals and have a few Sim cows in my herd. I am interested in the comment that Sim-Angus is a good cross; I have heard this before.

We have used both crosses and prefer the Simm/Angus for a few reasons.
Pigmentation, maternal (mothering, milk and udder structure), fertility. and the option to have either black or red to meet different market demands.

Both are very good crosses but that is why we prefer Simm/Angus.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Did he REALLY say that!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Are you sure you are an angus breeder la4angus?

txshowmom":g2cyaf65 said:
With integrity and principle. Gotta like that!

Texan":2n874sbs said:
txshowmom":2n874sbs said:
With integrity and principle. Gotta like that!

Sure do respect that. Don't find many people like that in ANY breed.

Latest posts