Traditional Simmentals

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8":2puf2l3u said:
Y'all guys are too easy.

You keep assuming that you are the largest rancher on here, but you don't know what some people have. I don't have that many cattle myself, but have worked on several ranches a lot bigger than yours, and I am sure some of these other people on here have large herds, or have worked on places with large herd,and understand running multiple herds with multiple bulls.

Folks,
Don't you know that cowgirl8 knows everything, and is better than everyone else? She is not a hobby rancher (I know that because she to posts from her tractor), shares a pic of almost every calf/cow/bull she owns, she has numerous herds of cattle of assorted breeds (more than anyone else, she ought to start her own breed!), and has time to post almost 10 times a day.
If you don't believe it, just ask her.

(I am feeling snarky today. Thank goodness it is Friday). Time to get back to work! : )

cowgirl8":1wzv4f9x said:
With one herd mentality I guess y'all will never understand.
Can you explain how having more than one herd has anything to do with it? You say todays simms aren't really simms, yet seem to call every cow in your herd a simm/angus cross, even without owning an actual simmental cow for generations. Does that not seem ironic to you?
Perhaps moronic is the word I'm looking for?

M.Magis":1z3vk23a said:
cowgirl8":1z3vk23a said:
With one herd mentality I guess y'all will never understand.
Can you explain how having more than one herd has anything to do with it? You say todays simms aren't really simms, yet seem to call every cow in your herd a simm/angus cross, even without owning an actual simmental cow for generations. Does that not seem ironic to you?
Perhaps moronic is the word I'm looking for?
And there you go.

Cowgirl8:

Breeder of the greatest cattle breeding phenomenon known to man.
With the wave of her hand she can turn a Mutt into a purebred in just one generation, without any fore knowledge of the breeding of the Sire, or Dam.

sim.-ang.king":28edcdkj said:
Cowgirl8:

Breeder of the greatest cattle breeding phenomenon known to man.
With the wave of her hand she can turn a Mutt into a purebred in just one generation, without any fore knowledge of the breeding of the Sire, or Dam.
I'm so jealous that she has a perfect breeding records and she has better cattle. I wish I could be more like her so I can be successful in cattle business but I'm just a hobby rancher wannabe with Oreo cookie cows.

I read the first 5 pages of this, and the last 5 pages. Here are a plumber's thoughts.
CG8, part of the problem is you have no idea of a big rancher. You are not one of them.
Right now I am a small producer. I have around 135-140 mature cows, which is about 40 to 50 more than I want. I bought a load from an Ok. ranch for tax porpoises which is why I have so many. Also, I wanted to increase my fall calving herd.
I rent part of my pasture to Conley Angus, a well known but SMALL purebred angus herd. (Check select sires, Abs, and others, look for the BC label). He has approximately 300 head of momma cows.
Across the road from my place ( I'm only using first names), is Barry. He feeds about 400 of his own calves out in his feedyard. Buys enough to always have 1500 on hand. My customer, I know this for a fact.
Three miles east is Lance, he runs around 300 head of momma cows, backgrounds another 2,000. He is a good friend, I know the numbers.
One mile north of my house is George. Don't know the exact amount of cows, but Vic, my and his vet told me that he helped sync part of his spring herd, and did 175 head.
Going on north is ML, my customer, runs around 4,000 head of calves to background.
North of ML is Jim, not my customer, but he has to have 500 head of cows on rented pasture. I work for many of his landlords.
Southeast is Charles, another 30 year customer. Don't know how many mommas he runs, but he gets vet students from the University of Missouri to help him calve. He told me last Jan. that he had 640 head of heifers to calve.
I could go on and on, but so far I am within 15 miles of my house, not even out of my county. Barley out of my township. 250 cows makes you a small producer. Most of these guys own thousands of acres.
Don't make yourself small by telling most of us how we are hobby farmers. You may be a big ranch in your area, but not in mine. We don't even call any one of these people ranchers. They are farmers.
I know each and everyone of my cows, don't even need flash cards. If I can do 100 and know each, surley with just 250 you could do the same.
I bet your neighbors are tired of hearing how big an operater you are. We have had them around here. We just laugh when they're not around. gs

plumber_greg":1xlut6bp said:
I read the first 5 pages of this, and the last 5 pages. Here are a plumber's thoughts.
CG8, part of the problem is you have no idea of a big rancher. You are not one of them.
Right now I am a small producer. I have around 135-140 mature cows, which is about 40 to 50 more than I want. I bought a load from an Ok. ranch for tax porpoises which is why I have so many. Also, I wanted to increase my fall calving herd.
I rent part of my pasture to Conley Angus, a well known but SMALL purebred angus herd. (Check select sires, Abs, and others, look for the BC label). He has approximately 300 head of momma cows.
Across the road from my place ( I'm only using first names), is Barry. He feeds about 400 of his own calves out in his feedyard. Buys enough to always have 1500 on hand. My customer, I know this for a fact.
Three miles east is Lance, he runs around 300 head of momma cows, backgrounds another 2,000. He is a good friend, I know the numbers.
One mile north of my house is George. Don't know the exact amount of cows, but Vic, my and his vet told me that he helped sync part of his spring herd, and did 175 head.
Going on north is ML, my customer, runs around 4,000 head of calves to background.
North of ML is Jim, not my customer, but he has to have 500 head of cows on rented pasture. I work for many of his landlords.
Southeast is Charles, another 30 year customer. Don't know how many mommas he runs, but he gets vet students from the University of Missouri to help him calve. He told me last Jan. that he had 640 head of heifers to calve.
I could go on and on, but so far I am within 15 miles of my house, not even out of my county. Barley out of my township. 250 cows makes you a small producer. Most of these guys own thousands of acres.
Don't make yourself small by telling most of us how we are hobby farmers. You may be a big ranch in your area, but not in mine. We don't even call any one of these people ranchers. They are farmers.
I know each and everyone of my cows, don't even need flash cards. If I can do 100 and know each, surley with just 250 you could do the same.
I bet your neighbors are tired of hearing how big an operater you are. We have had them around here. We just laugh when they're not around. gs

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Collectively you're egging her on... You must all be as slow learners as she is stubborn, and haven't found out that she doesn't back down from her opinion.

Nesikep":n6k1oscb said:
Collectively you're egging her on... You must all be as slow learners as she is stubborn, and haven't found out that she doesn't back down from her opinion.

As a Scotsmen i'm offended that you called me a slow learner, and not a stubborn, hard headed, Dunbar.

Nesikep":14k6r7bg said:
I may be a jackass but never been referred to as a slow learner. :secret:

chippie":1xio0f7r said:
Folks,
Don't you know that cowgirl8 knows everything, and is better than everyone else? She is not a hobby rancher (I know that because she to posts from her tractor), shares a pic of almost every calf/cow/bull she owns, she has numerous herds of cattle of assorted breeds (more than anyone else, she ought to start her own breed!), and has time to post almost 10 times a day.
If you don't believe it, just ask her.

(I am feeling snarky today. Thank goodness it is Friday). Time to get back to work! : )

:D

Latest posts