• Simmental

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

showme

Reaction score
What are the 5 best ranches to buy the best show cattle for Simmentals?

What are the 5 best ranches to buy the best show cattle for Angus?

Someone help me I show Brangus cattle. I am debating on getting a Simmental or an Angus show heifer. The prices dont matter I want something that will win lots of shows and very competitive. Please state there name and phone # so I can contact them.

Thanks
Stephen

You can contact Doug Parke, 859-987-5758 (Ky), Chan Phillips, 606-584-7581 (Ky), Cliff Orley 717-964-3598 (Pa) all sale consultants. They can locate just what you are looking for.
OR, you can check out my web site.

Hmmm I don't know you got some pretty nice calves but I want black. For my first show heifer. I have made a choice I think I will go with Simmental.

SCfarms":2pemkj6i said:
Hmmm I don't know you got some pretty nice calves but I want black. For my first show heifer. I have made a choice I think I will go with Simmental.

Well here is an opinion and that is all as I am not a show person although I seem to sell quite often to show people. If you want to win you will have to go black. So make sure you get a Simmi that is solid black and not the red/white. Now with this said I know I am going to hear form those that don't agree and those that win with reds. I just talked to a lady that just came back from Texas with all kinds of awards and stuff from showing her Red Brangus. All I know is the limited shows I have been to and from info given me, blacks are favored regardless of what they say.

I will only purchase black a black Simm but in the long run if there is a red one with nothing wrong with her I mite buy her. But I mean there has to be nothing wrong with her/him for me to buy red. Black is what is selling for the most money at the stock yard and on pure bred oporation such as this one the 2 highest selling heifers were black the 3rd highest selling was red http://showcattlepage.com/Sandeen/index.htm I am looking for some thing to win with I am willing to spend the money and the drive and time to find that right calf. "She has TO BE BLACK"

I have never and will never buy an animal on the basis of colour.
You say you might buy a red heifer if there is nothing wrong with it? Does this mean you might overlook a minor fault in a black animal?
My advice to you is to buy the breed you like most yourself, then buy the best example of that breed you can find/afford. Do not expect overnight success in the showring, there is more to showing than having the best animal.

Just curious.....why are you not going to continue to show Brangus cattle?
J. T.

You need to bear in mind that all show animals do not make good brood cows. Sometimes a cow can't adjust to everyday farm life after a life of luxury as a show heifer. Internal fat from conditioning can cause a heifer to have trouble conceiving and calving and can reduce milk flow. Also, some retired show heifers fall apart out in the pasture and can't keep a good body conditioning score. Also, I've known of some dog ugly cows that would have never made it in the showring raise some of the thickest, heaviest calves you ever saw. Pretty is as pretty does. However, I will say that most of the show heifers I've known over the past 20 years did make pretty good mommas. Also, it bears repeating-pick a breed that really "cranks your tractor." If you're showing a breed just because it's popular, you'll lose interest. Good Luck!
J. T.

Actually, my herd is mostly black at the moment - but I am maintaining my reds.
It is true, black Simmentals have been bringing the most money - good - bad - or indifferent. But now only the great ones bring the top money & same is true with the reds.
Also, same is true in the ring. Judges (top national) don't care what color they are - just so they are right.

cowboy13":zzzpk6h9 said:
Cuz they ain't worth nuthin

Let me be the first one to tell you that until you know the breed very well keep your mouth shut I am getting more money then ever for my Brangus go to Salacoa valley farms they are selling calves for $3500-$25,000 for show ring. JLS is selling them for $8,000-to bout $15,000. So until you know the breed shut up because you don't know what you are talking about. I am keeping all my brangus I got a $7,000 heifer and a $4,000 dollar yearling and a baby worth $2,000 my Uncle has other stuff worth lots of money. I want a Simmental because I want a different breed and at this point I can afford to pay for a really good one. My parents don't pay for my animals I will.

SCfarms":116tk0hz said:
cowboy13":116tk0hz said:
Cuz they ain't worth nuthin

Let me be the first one to tell you that until you know the breed very well keep your mouth shut I am getting more money then ever for my Brangus go to Salacoa valley farms they are selling calves for $3500-$25,000 for show ring. JLS is selling them for $8,000-to bout $15,000. So until you know the breed shut up because you don't know what you are talking about. I am keeping all my brangus I got a $7,000 heifer and a $4,000 dollar yearling and a baby worth $2,000 my Uncle has other stuff worth lots of money. I want a Simmental because I want a different breed and at this point I can afford to pay for a really good one. My parents don't pay for my animals I will.
SCfarms - When I was a young man not knowing nearly as much as I thought I did, my Dad gave me some good advice - as most Dad's do. He said, "Son - there are two words in the English language which will earn more friends for you, and get you along life's rough roads more easily than any others. Those two words are - THANK YOU!"

The two words "Shut Up!" will get you - NOWHERE!

He was knocking the breed down I would like to know what he shows or raises. Sense Brangus aint worth nothing. Camp Cooley sell lots of stuff for high dollar. We even sold stuff to camp cooley in the past for a great amount of money then they sold it for double that later on. There is alot of money involved in the brangus breed so until you know more then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all. I understand opinion but facts don't lie. Every man has an opinion but they make not be true.

Latest posts