Simmental bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I used to talk to a lot of Bull Producers in Montana as I worked for a publication in which those producers bought ads. I used to ask them what they looked for when seeking a bull prospect. The uniform answer from these seedstock breeders was "balance". They look for a bull that is well-balanced. They don't pick one certain area to focus on...but how that bull is 'balanced' was a common reply.

I like to think I learned quite a bit from the producers I talked to when I had that job. Anyway, I had the opportunity to talk with successful seedstock producers.

Thanks for your response @Lucky_P .
I agree that EPD's are just a tool. I have to admit that when I say the bottom percentile numbers I was disappointed. That said though I personally don't believe EPD's are all that credible except for BW on high accuracy older bulls, a lot of the others are fairly subjective.
I don't know anything about Simmental pedigrees.
My main goal is to gain some growth and volume on calves which I feel needs improving.
If extra growth in your calves is your main goal, I think you'll be pleased with this bull. As I recall, your herd is composed of mainly angus and hereford cross; you should get some good heterolysis pop by using this bull

Latest posts