Simmental Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

bruiser

Reaction score
I'm new to the board and need some advice. I've got some commerical angus cows I want to breed to a simmental bull. I want black baldy calves. Any suggestions whould be appreciated greatly.

That is a pretty common cross in my area. The only thing I would say is to keep an eye on the bulls BW's and BW EPD's, and look for a long smooth bull, not a blocky looking one.

Simmental is an excellent continental choice if you are interested in producing steers that will top the market and females than will make great cows. Stick with black or non diluted red bulls with balanced epds. Stay away from the old fashioned fullbloods as 80 percent or more of them have the dilution gene (unless you want gray calves). Look for a bull with some white on the face if you want baldies.

Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on AI bulls, these cows will all be AI'ed with our registered angus cows in December. I've looked at a few bulls like SEC Harley 734H, Yahoo, Sturdy, and several more but I definetly want the black baldy. Suggestions on some bulls would be greatly appreciated.

bruiser":h7ympwrn said:
Thanks for the help. Any suggestions on AI bulls, these cows will all be AI'ed with our registered angus cows in December. I've looked at a few bulls like SEC Harley 734H, Yahoo, Sturdy, and several more but I definetly want the black baldy. Suggestions on some bulls would be greatly appreciated.

We've been pleased with the calves by Autobahn from Select Sires

dun

Latest posts