Simbrah?

Help Support CattleToday:

If you like Simbrahs, raise Simbrahs; but don't select a breed simply because you want to make a statement.

oh no I would never do that. but that is part of the fun.

Hey BullLady, I know what you are talking about "old style" Simmentals. like I said my dad had them growing up. if we are driving he will wate till we just get pasted, then he'll say "hey sis did you see that one?" when I was little he would ask befor we past. sometimes I drive my mother nuts, her only girl out of 5 kids, and I am just like my dad. but thanks to my dad there can be one Simmental cross out there and I see it.

it looks like all the Simbrah is down south, that is why I'm thinking of starting with a small number.

I saw some good looking bulls for sale on http://www.simbrahsforsale.net/bulls.htm Luther, by Neuman Farms, I like the look of him. if Valentino was darker...my my. also Cherokee Wind Dancer by Cherokee Cattle Company. even more good looking boys if you keep going. I'm not saying I will get any of these bulls, but I know what I want to see on my farm. and if I can get some to show at the county fair {it very little} to show some of the rachers out here, I thank that would help just a little when it comes time to sale the calf crop.

I don't know why but I never have a short post. oh well.

JP

If you feel ambitious and want to get into the breed, Carlos Guerra at Las Muneca is having a big sale in April. A long drive for you, but no one puts on a better sale!

April what? how long of a drive are we talking about? is it some where in texas? I know I'm 5-6 hours from Dallas. and I have family in san antonio, thats about 12 hours. thanks

JP

Its not a good bull sale unless they feed you right. Absolutely no sloppy Joes. Steak is Ideal. Hospitality can tell you alot about folks and their cattle.

Beef11":1uh82hqi said:
Its not a good bull sale unless they feed you right. Absolutely no sloppy Joes. Steak is Ideal. Hospitality can tell you alot about folks and their cattle.

Yep it can! Last sale I went to in December, (Exposure in OKC) they had steak the night before on Friday with a band and social, free beer. And then Saturday some continental breakfast and then did some BBQ'ng for lunch. Some good hospitality. But then the sure want a lot for there cattle also :)

BullBucker":rn9xwtgm said:
April what? how long of a drive are we talking about? is it some where in texas? I know I'm 5-6 hours from Dallas. and I have family in san antonio, thats about 12 hours. thanks

JP

April 8, La Muneca Cattle Co., Linn, Texas.

Linn is way down in the Rio Grande Valley, at the bottom tip of Texas. Carlos and his group have some really good Simbrah genetics. If you really want to go, I would fly down, then if you bought something go back and pick it up.

mom

Latest posts